Computer Help forum

Question

PC purchase help

Hello, just wondering if this: http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.E166981.desc.HP-Pavilion-4GB-RAM-1TB-HD-DVD-RW-20-Monitor--4Yr-McAfee/walk.yah.0103~1115~5725#BVQAWidgetID

Coupled with a Radeon 6570 (or equivalent) would be decent for gaming. I know I can build better but have to settle for something that I can make payments on Happy I really only play MMO's (WoW, LOTRO, STO) and games like Starcraft II. Trying to figure out if this system and video card will let me run that stuff, not on Ultra settings but at least to the point where the games are enjoyable. Any feedback would be great, thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: PC purchase help
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: PC purchase help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I advise to not do this. Why? "Slimline"

In reply to: PC purchase help

Collapse -
OK.....

In reply to: I advise to not do this. Why? "Slimline"

Well the problem is I'm trying to find something on a site like QVC or HSN that offers a payment plan since my credit is crap. So you're saying I won't be able to fit a new video card and power supply in this case if needed?

Collapse -
Sorry.

In reply to: OK.....

I don't know your tech limits. Many will whip out metal shears, drills and solder irons to modify anything that would need it. SLIMLINE cases for those that need to keep it simple to non-power tools must be avoided.

I'd avoid the slimline models UNLESS they are ready to use AS-IS.
Bob

Collapse -
Decision.....

In reply to: Sorry.

Well, I ended up going with an Alienware Aurora desktop, not the ALX, just the normal one. I'm hoping that will be good enough!

Collapse -
That line

In reply to: Decision.....

Is available in many setups. Almost all are geared up for gaming.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.