Question

PC PROBLEM

Hi all!
I have a problem with my pc.It wont turn on when i plug it on electrical outlet.When i press the start button i can here just three "beep beep beep" sound.I tried unpluging all the cables inside and plug them back again,also ram mermories but same thing again.Can you help me about this?

PC Type:
HP small form factor dc7700.
CPU Sillyentium D 2.8Ghz
Ram: 4GB

Thanks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: PC PROBLEM
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: PC PROBLEM
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
many causes.

I see many causes for that on the web. You already tried the usual so keeping in mind the cost of repair today I spotted this on Woot: http://computers.woot.com/?ref=gh_cp_3

That's 140 (plus 5 for shipping) and in my town the shop minimum charge is about 125.

Again, you tried the usual reseating of parts. One last idea is to replace the CMOS BIOS BATTERY. That's about 2 dollars ( https://www.google.com/#q=cr2032 ) and I have to write no, it's not a sure thing but I find many forget to replace that part.
Bob

- Collapse -
Bios batery

Yes you are right when saying "many forget to replace Bios Battery''.I didnt replace it too,so i will do it and maybe that will fix my problem.
Thankyou!

- Collapse -
Similar advice at link.
- Collapse -
Answer
Error codes for beeps
- Collapse -
Thanks

thanks for suggestion,i will try too,i was having same problem.Thankyou so much

CNET Forums