Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

PC Pitstop Opinions

by lablover / September 8, 2006 9:49 AM PDT

What the word on the offerings from the folks at PC Pitstop?
Are their services worth it? Do they cause complications if you elect to take their suggestions to fix the things their software says need to be fixed?

I'm not looking for anyone to badmouth these folks.

Just trying to get an "experienced" opinion.
What other services, by other folks are similar or compatiable?

THANKS!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: PC Pitstop Opinions
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: PC Pitstop Opinions
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
PC Pitstop Opinions
by J'sGuy / September 8, 2006 10:58 AM PDT
In reply to: PC Pitstop Opinions

I've used their free scan for several years, and have found them quite useful. No complaints at all.

Collapse -
PcPitstop
by phil66 / September 8, 2006 11:07 AM PDT

I have also used their services for several years.
As with any other program you have to use a little knowledge,research and a lot of common sense.
They have never steered me wrong

Ray

Collapse -
There services are great
by ask4anu / September 8, 2006 11:16 AM PDT

they also have free services for the masses as well
and if you would like to check your pc to see how it compares to similiar pcs it ROCKS i have used this utility for a long time it is secure and the nagware is kept to a minumum and gone to vip members it is accurate and will even show you where you have problems in your pc all for free USE the free check up service accept the active x control unit turn off any antivirus programs running and firewalls and go if you are scared to do those things then you will have problems with the results i have done it 1000 times and never got hacked or a virus while doing the test with those programs not running just dont forget to turn them back on when your done

Collapse -
PC Pitstop
by Bulldozer1 / September 8, 2006 5:36 PM PDT

Same here I've been using them for years and no problems. I stop at reg. editing, but the "Auto Fixes" they have seem to do good. I leave my "NAV "On" and firewall up, still seems to work fine.

Collapse -
PC Pitstop
by tallin / September 8, 2006 7:50 PM PDT
In reply to: PC Pitstop

I find as all others here have said PC Pitstop give wonderful service, they have always steered me in the correct way, and 'Dough' who is on that forum is a whiz. He gives so much of his time it is unbelievable. Send in your test, you will be surprised at the good service you receive.

Collapse -
Just remember
by ask4anu / September 12, 2006 11:36 AM PDT
In reply to: PC Pitstop

when you leave your firewall on you are not just affecting your real world score numbers which may not be any more or jsut a few points on your overall while surfing the internet with out antivirus\firewall is like leaving your house with no clothes on it is perfectful safe to do so while in there program because you are at a safe connection running on seperate servers then the ones you logged through to get there when the actual test to run and till this date and time it works fine i my self would be courious to see how much of a difference it would make if any they are always improving on there software that runs that site and you really need to understand
what all is going on when the test run to under stand how infact leaveing these items on can and maybe affecting your OVERALL real time score but if after reading this you are still not sure footed about what is happening there and satifisied with the end results
and of COURSE get all CHECKERED flags then you will good to go the pc pit stop site would in it self have be infected with the virus or bad object that could do any damage to your pc and like i said i have been using it for years and when your done using make sure you delete all your internet caches history,go to content delete ssl go to auto complete delete fourms and passwords and you just removed any trace PC pit STOP may leave BEHIND so there you have it in a nut shell if it wasnt safe i wouldnt be using it at all and they have been there for a long time and while using aynonmous user mode it will not keep records of your pc to compare only if you become a member will it keep your records

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!