The BLOWHOLE. Here's a link about it.
I have an HP 6740C Pavillion PC. Recently, I have been upgrading the PC. While I have solved many problems, one still remains: the PC overheats. Every single time I turn on the PC, within an hour, it is hot. It's so bad that the only way I can run it is without the case. The power supply was replaced in 2004, so I'm pretty sure that's not the problem. I've cleaned out the PC with the blow-can and q-tips. But it still overheats. I took a good look at the PC and noticed that, from the power supply, the fan-c and P8 cables were not plugged into anything. Could this be the reason for the overheating? And if so, where do these cables get plugged in? The fans seem to work OK, so I don't think that's the problem. I'm just desperate to fix it so that I can put the case back on.
Windows XP Pro
13GB and 100GB harddrives
Pentium III processor
ATI RADEON 7200 graphics card