HolidayBuyer's Guide

Computer Help forum

General discussion

Pc monitor refuse to start and freeze suddently

by IslandTripico / May 4, 2009 1:23 PM PDT

Greetings to all, I'm new here, and this is my questions, I found out there is some problem with my PC, and it happen since the first day I bought my PC in 2000, and here are the two problems:
1) After I shut down my computer and want to restart it right away, it just refuse to start, and the screen of my monitor has a message read like this "No Signal". I always need to wait for a while to get my Pc running again.
2) My monitor screen suddenly freeze up quite often on these day, I wonder maybe it is due to the Internet optimizing software programmed ?Internet Turbo 2003? I just install from CNET.

I check through my system event viewer and the below two messages is what I usually get:

1) AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address (0xcfc), which lies in the 0xcf8 - 0xcff protected address range. This could lead to system instability.

2) The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
OADevice
OAmon
OAnet

Below is my system information, I know it is kind of old so guys please don't laugh at me,

System:
WinXP home edition 2002 SP3
Computer:
AMD Duron(tm) Processor
801 Mhz, 384MB of Ram

Thanks for the help guys. By the way, I'm from Malaysia

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Pc monitor refuse to start and freeze suddently
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Pc monitor refuse to start and freeze suddently
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hey, we had a Duron 800MHz in the house.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 4, 2009 9:05 PM PDT

It needed this YEARLY -> http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-11319_7-6240575-1.html

But let's comment on "1) AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address (0xcfc), which lies in the 0xcf8 - 0xcff protected address range. This could lead to system instability."

This means the maker needs to give you a BIOS update. Without that you may experience lockups and random hangs in Windows XP.

In closing, our old Duron came with Windows ME. Because there was no BIOS update this machine could not reliably run XP. It's now running Windows 2000 and Linux. Yours might be like ours where there was never a fix issued.
Bob

Collapse -
Thanks for your help
by IslandTripico / May 4, 2009 11:34 PM PDT

Thanks

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.