Please read or skim https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/new-pc-freezes-frequently-for-2-to-10-seconds/ as we worked the usual but later it dawned on me to take aim at the OS. Turns out it wasn't from a Microsoft source.
If nothing rings a bell there, let's start with your Speccy report and see if that shows any more clues. And yes, I will be checking your BIOS is current. If you feel otherwise then you MUST have the motherboard maker tell you that. ME? Not negotiable as I work these by the handfuls each month. It's a process that has worked well for us.
It's been almost 4 months that I endure this. Screen freezes while gaming, mainly, but sometimes not while gaming. The more time advances (while gaming), the freezes become more frequent. Freezes lasts mainly about 1-2 seconds, but it can be 3 seconds after 3 hours of gaming.
PC Specs (Windows 10)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 6GB
- Intel i5-9600k
- 16GB RAM (2x8GB)
- 1TB SSD
- 144HZ AOC G2590FX
- Brand New CORSAIR HYDRO SERIES H100i PRO RGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
What I've Tried:
- Cleaning GPU Fans (2 fans)
- I just changed my CPU Cooler for the H100i
- Cleaning dust in the entire PC
- Cleaning Display Ports and USB ports
- Get a lower in-game resolution and graphics
- Put the fan on 100% Power (3000RPM)
- Remove junk, temp files, recycle bin files
- Remove unused apps
- CPU Temp while gaming is on 33 Celcius
- GPU temp while gaming is on 73 Celcius
Maybe I fortgot something I tried, but I think that's all!
Thanks for your help!