TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

PC audio -> VCR

by Tsee-19680310699050978815 / June 5, 2004 2:05 PM PDT

Hi. I'm thinking for fun to send my PC's audio to the VCR. I already have an s-video to RCA cable for video, but i'm not looking for much as my PC has an integrated 5.1 audio setup. I might get an Audigy 2, but prolly not very soon. Anyhow, so I'm wondering where I can get such an audio cable. I got my kinda-expensive video cable from as I wanted a couple of other things there, but I can't find an appropriate audio cable from their pages. What other companies should I visit? Thanks a lot.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: PC audio -> VCR
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: PC audio -> VCR
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:PC audio -> VCR
by Art / June 5, 2004 4:18 PM PDT
In reply to: PC audio -> VCR

Have you try radio shack, best buy, or fry's? Just a thought here. It may not be a ONE piece affair; You may need an adapter of sort to make this work.

Collapse -
Re:Re:PC audio -> VCR
by Tsee-19680310699050978815 / June 6, 2004 10:22 AM PDT
In reply to: Re:PC audio -> VCR

Prolly, but I need to know what the PC audio is called. Like for video it's svideo from my card. What's the type of output port for the audio? Thanks.

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:PC audio -> VCR
by Tsee-19680310699050978815 / June 8, 2004 10:32 AM PDT
In reply to: Re:Re:PC audio -> VCR

I think it's the standard 3.5mm mini.

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:Re:PC audio -> VCR
by Art / June 8, 2004 5:46 PM PDT

If they don't sell a cable with mini-plug on one end and RCA connector on the other, then you will need a Y adapter cable that has the mini-plug and RCA (female) connectors; and connect 2 standard audio cable to that.

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:PC audio -> VCR
by Tsee-19680310699050978815 / June 10, 2004 12:16 PM PDT

Doh! I'd just ordered what I thought was such a cable, but it's just a splitter! No wonder it's $1.70. And Amazon takes just minutes before not letting you cancel the item anymore!

They have a Belkin $3.70 cable that's exactly wat you're saying, but I've to wait now...

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions


Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?