PC Applications forum

General discussion

Payroll Update Installation

I'm attempting to download and install the latest payroll update without success. I'm running QB Pro 2002 with an active DIY subscription. The update downloads, but does not install. I've gone into to the menu and selected the option to download the entire update. This has proven unsuccessful. Quickbooks makes an attempt to contact the server and hangs. Is there a way to locate the downloaded update and manually install it?

I have disabled the firewall and virus scan prior to installation

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Payroll Update Installation
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Payroll Update Installation
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
RE QuickBooks Pro Payroll Install & Other QBPro problems

In reply to: Payroll Update Installation

Greetings billewis,
I'm running QuickBooks Pro 2004 (on Win'98)and recently subscribed to the "Do It Yourself" payroll service & had similar (nightmare) problems. After being put on hold countless times, finally was connected to tech support, in India. (This after a series of calls & 20 minutes average "on hold" time.) Somehow the gal downloaded update files to my PC from her location (although I'd already tried that previously by clicking on the "Update QuickBooks" link in the program itself). Then we got cut off before the (large!)downloads finished. Ended up sending me the actual payroll CD to manually install...with no resulting changes afterward. I just got the same error message. Was finally re-connected to another technician on Day#2, once again in India (nothing personal but don't they employ anyone in the U.S.????). We had to UNinstall the first installation, then reinstall a 2nd time, but with a new subscription number they gave me over the phone, along with the payroll CD Disk Key number. Hopefully your problem will be much simpler to solve than mine were! and hope the above info. somehow helps you. **Also, FYI...after only 4 days of using the payroll installation with the updates, now I'm getting error messages saying "System resources running low, close all other programs." I've got 448 MB RAM on my PC and no other windows were open! so now I've got THAT problem to contend with since it stops the use of QBooks Pro. (I can't even finish creating an invoice for a customer, update our A/R, or post payments, etc.) When I called today to see if there was a patch to fix the most recent error, they refused to even discuss the matter until I agreed to subscribe to, & pay for, one of their tech support plan -- regardless of whether the problem originated from using their software/service, or not. (Needless to say, I declined.) I'm just about ready to uninstall the whole thing at this point, ask for a complete refund (good for 60 days on payroll services they said) and go back to using Peachtree Complete Accounting ... or try QuickBooks again, but without the DYP (I was doing payroll manually in QuickBooks previously, without any trouble at all). Maybe that will fix it. Too bad QuickBooks doesn't honor the fine print they keep advertising on their website with regard to 12 month tech support for their products, especially when it's needed the most. Conversations with two supervisors this afternoon has convinced me this company could care less about their customers 'after the sale.' Money seems to be the prime motivation in QuickBooks' overall operation, NOT customer satisfaction. Hopefully I'm the exception to the rule, although I somehow doubt it ...** Sadly DisIllusioned, More Than a Little Disgruntled, and SomeWhat Wiser, "graythunder1"

Collapse -
payroll service

In reply to: Payroll Update Installation

A payroll service handle all the accounts of a company and free the business owners worries. If there is problem with installing the payroll services you could get find for the help of online payroll services.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.