General discussion

Payment Solutions Provider

Hi everyone,

I'm looking into opening an ecommerce website and I'm currently searching for a payment solutions provider to accept credit and debit cards online. I'm leaning towards PayPal but I noticed that (of those I have seen) all such services charge a small transaction fee ( about 3%) and 30 cence or so additionally per transaction. Due to the nature of my business, I would much prefer a service that charges higher transaction fees and no additional 30 cent fee. Does anyone know of any such service? Also, if it matters, I'm planning on using Yahoo! merchant solutions stater package to build my site so the service must be compatible with that. I am however open to other suggestions as long as they are similarly (or much more preferably) priced. This package costs $40/month. Thanks a lot!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Payment Solutions Provider
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Payment Solutions Provider
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Which is about right.

Credit cards do incur that much. If you accept debit cards, not as much.

I'm unsure how long you've been in business so let's get this out of the way fast. Yup!

- Collapse -
Payment Solutions Provider

Its not the cost of accepting credit cards that bothers me, I would just rather pay a higher transaction fee and not pay a 30 cent charge on every transaction. What are you reffering to when you say "Yup." Are there services that don't charge such a fee on every transaction.

- Collapse -
It appears

You are new to how credit cards work. Yes, that fee is about right. I do know that when people just start they may find it annoying but the numbers you shared are about right.

-> What to do? Offer cash or debit card discounts.

"Are there services that don't charge such a fee on every transaction."

Yes, but these would not be Visa, Mastercard or any 'credit card.'
Bob

- Collapse -
Flat Rate - We can deliver on this.

Hi nb1277
If you are still in need of payment processing service at a flat rate with no per trans. fee, feel free to contact me. I have served this industry for 10+ years and we do offer "bundled" rates which means there is not a per trans. fee.
RBSWorldpay.us
Wanda.Cox@RBSworldpay.us
Toll Free: 1-800-984-5965

CNET Forums

Forum Info