General discussion

PASSWORD RESET

someone help please ..
my ex girlfriend has changed my facebook password so i requested new password to be sent to my email and the ***** has changed that to......
so i done password reset and it asked me my first pets name...
she changed this to what can i dooooo??????

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: PASSWORD RESET
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: PASSWORD RESET
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -

you can no longer change it..the only person who can provide u the password is ur x gf...if u have a internet provider, they can reset it for u as long as u are one of the auth rep or the account holder of the account...

- Collapse -
That is not true...

"if u have a internet provider, they can reset it for u as long as u are one of the auth rep or the account holder of the account..."

That would apply if the account he was locked out of were an account provided by the ISP. However, the ISP has no control over a third-party website such as Facebook, so there is nothing the ISP can do in this case.

jnewts123:

Since all information used for identification verification purposes (email address, password, and secret questions/answers) were changed, there is no way to prove legitimate ownership of the Facebook account. Thus, your only option is to contact your former girlfriend and persuade her to return your access to your account, then remember to protect your account in the future by not sharing your password with anyone, including your significant other.

Regards,
John

P.S. Please avoid the use of profanity in the forums. The forum filters bleeped it out, but it's still undesired. Thanks.

- Collapse -
i agree with u john..

yeah i just realized that account in facebook is not related to the isp if they want to reset password since this is a third party website...

jnewts123:
never share your password...

CNET Forums

Forum Info