Question

Password

I forgot my settings password on my LG smart TV how to reset it?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Password
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Password
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
I forgot my email and password on my LG TV

LG TV name 55UB830T-TG I forgot my YouTube password and I forgot my email address. How do I reset?
Please help. Thank you and more power..

- Collapse -
Answer
Too many models.

For me I'm at the LG site for my model and reading the manual looking for any factory resets.
Bob

- Collapse -
Pass

I can't find anything there.....

- Collapse -
Free pass.

Without the model number I find way too much. That is, it would be too much work for me to post the dozen or more resets rather than the model under discussion.

But let's call this a warranty or return opportunity. If LG doesn't support or document their product, why keep it? That's a defect in my view.
Bob

- Collapse -
pass

LG 32LN570R TV this is the model i think

- Collapse -
I see 3 manuals there.

"SMART Settings OPTION Factory Reset" is in the second manual.
"SMART Premium Option Initialisation of Premium
Resets Premium list, Premium information, country setting and user sign-in
information. Resetting will resolve errors occurring during Premium update"

As to the LOCK SYSTEM, I see some note of turning it off but in all the documentation it looks like a call to LG may be needed if the usual fails.

Frankly I call such a product/design fail and move to getting a return and refund. Why put up with defective products with no support?
Bob

- Collapse -
thanks

Thanks for ur info but to click factory reset from the first manual it wants the password that i forgot...
U can't do nothing without it goddamned and no one knows what to do..

- Collapse -
Which is what I found in the manual

No real reset there. If you are claiming there is nothing to be done as in the calls to maker and sellers are failing then you have a fine set of legs to stand on here to demand a return and full refund. Why keep such a defective thing?
Bob

- Collapse -
LG SMART

lg master reset 0325

- Collapse -
thanks you

Thank you so much for your. i put in the digits you suggested and it works like a charm. am so happy.

- Collapse -
Doesn't work for my LG TV

Hi, I'm from Singapore and 0325 doesn't work for my LG Smart TV 47LN570T model. Anyone could help me to hard reset the password?

- Collapse -
Solved!
- Collapse -
great

This worked for me like a charm. Thanks

- Collapse -
Answer
(NT) I for settings and I'm trying do it I'm hoping I can help
- Collapse -
Answer
lg 55

hi i'm in australia..........0325 worked for me on a 55 smart lg flat

- Collapse -
Answer
Password

I forgot my password on my LG tv how do I reset a new one

- Collapse -
So far, with a factory reset.

Off to LG.com or their support on that procedure.

CNET Forums

Forum Info