Office & Productivity Software forum

Resolved Question

Paragraph typed out a letter at a time by comp? (Software)

I have just spent hours and hours on end coding my new website and I didn't know when I started that it would be something that I was insanely proud of so I didn't press record on my screencap.

But now, I want to make a speed coding video but I didn't record the coding, like I said before.

So is it possible, or is there software out there that I could paste my code in to and have it type it out a letter at a time so that I could screen capture it and upload it it YouTube as a speed coding?

I know it's the wrong way to go about it but it would take me a solid three hours to re-type all of the code I entered before and I feel that if there was software capable of doin what I need then I could just let it go at it and leave it for an hour or two while it types out my text and my capture software records it?

Please reply soon, I am really stuck as t what to do here. I want to share my coding and website with the world and a speed coding would be the perfect way to do so. I would save the 2 hour file, put it in to Vegas and speed it up so the overall play time was 20 minutes or so so I could put it online.

Thank you!

MarcHinton has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Paragraph typed out a letter at a time by comp? (Software)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Paragraph typed out a letter at a time by comp? (Software)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by MarcHinton

Collapse -
Can't see why anyone does that.

In reply to: Paragraph typed out a letter at a time by comp? (Software)

I visit CodeProject and DaniWeb from time to time but a YouTube would be less than useful when I need a code snippet. Maybe this is some contest but finished good code is worth far more than watching a person type.
Bob

Collapse -
Don't like it? Don't watch it...

In reply to: Can't see why anyone does that.

Well there is a big audience for it. Why watch Documentaries about Murders when you hear about someone being killed? Because there is a lot more to it than what you see in the outcome alone. Why watch a speed art video? Because it's good to see how a project is put together and the mistakes the artist made, etc.

I just want to know if there is a software out there for what I need.

The "speed coding" videos I have seen have 50,000, 20,000 and 3,000 views. People are interested in this stuff man, me being one of those people.

Anyway, thank you for your reply Happy

Collapse -
Tea.

In reply to: Don't like it? Don't watch it...

Some like green or oolong. But what about AutoHotKey scripts? Since you can push code into AHK and script the actions, AHK may be the right flavor for you. You're a coder so it won't be too hard.
Bob

Collapse -
Thank you.

In reply to: Tea.

I have checked out the AutoHotKey thingy. I have strung together some code that'll type out each word letter by letter at a per-determained rate!

Just what I needed, thanks a lot!

Collapse -
Glad you like this tea.

In reply to: Thank you.

Cheers.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.