The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Paper or Plastic - interactive news story explains pros/cons

by shawnlin / March 12, 2008 10:33 PM PDT

I usually get a combination of paper and plastic bags. Reuse usually by using plastic bags for trash or even as a package covering for things I mail out; plastic for small trash bags.

Here's the story - Paper or Plastic:

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Paper or Plastic - interactive news story explains pros/cons
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Paper or Plastic - interactive news story explains pros/cons
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Cloth reusable bags

The best is reusable cloth bags. The problem is that the ones at the grocery store are all wrapped up in plastic and they look cheap and too small to carry a lot.

Collapse -
why not just bring travel luggage or a duffle bag?
by robstak / March 12, 2008 11:13 PM PDT
In reply to: Cloth reusable bags

lol jk, why not. or invent a plastic cart where the legs fold up and go in ur trunk... (C) 2008 dr. karl

Collapse -
yep bigger bags!

Well that's the thing I'm talking about, if the bag or container is big enough you can easily carry all your groceries. I would say 2 big bags for the cart, and one bread bag.

Collapse -
hmm...IKEA has started charging for plastic bags...
by shawnlin / March 12, 2008 11:33 PM PDT
In reply to: Cloth reusable bags

hmm...IKEA has started charging for plastic bags, I'm sure other retailers will do or are doing the same.

I'd like to go for a reusable bag...hmmm...maybe a wicked cool BOL themed bag?...

Collapse -
No one is following Ikea's lead lol!

Ikea is a store where you have to write down the product ID and then go down to the warehouse, get your own forklift and hunt for your boxes. Then after you checkout, you set your stuff outside, go get your car, hope you find a parking spot so you can actually load it in your car, and if it doesn't fit you have to wait in line again and set up delivery which is so expensive that it negates any savings you had. I don't think any store is following Ikea lol. Although I wish there was one by me!!! I miss it! Wink

Collapse -
Supermarkets give out like a thousand bags!
by rar31 / March 13, 2008 12:46 AM PDT

Whenever I go to the supermarket they always give me plenty bags, often to hold only a one or two items. It's ridiculous and not to mention wasteful. I just end up tossing the excess bags and using some for trash bags. Sometimes the library charges for bags to load your books into, but most of the time they don't. I just don't get it. BOL themed bag? Sounds great to me!

Collapse -
BOL bags made from baby seals!
by PortVista-190953130350169 / March 13, 2008 12:54 AM PDT

BOL bag sounds good to me, as long as the BOL logo is made from soft baby seal fur.

Collapse -
(NT) haha
by robstak / March 13, 2008 1:50 PM PDT
Collapse -
True that
by Renegade Knight / March 13, 2008 4:39 AM PDT

When I was a bagger using paper we got a lot more things in the bags. Now we are chocking on them. 20 bags a trip where 5 Paper bags would have done the job. Our trash bag needs are covered. My lunch bag needs are covered. My package wrapping needs are covered and I still have to recycle a bunch directly.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?