Mac OS forum

General discussion

Panther has gone crazy.

by jporter / October 27, 2003 1:17 AM PST

My new system is nuts. Things are happening that I have no control over. It is taking over. A life of its own.
One more day of this stupid stuff before I go back to Jaguar.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Panther has gone crazy.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Panther has gone crazy.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Tell a detail?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 27, 2003 3:48 AM PST

Share something more specific. Just one example please.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: Panther has gone crazy.
by taboma. / October 23, 2004 3:03 PM PDT

Apple should have released this crap as a beta tester instead of pushing this stuff on us. How many thousands are effected? I still have system X.2.3. Also I have, in the original box, X.3 purchased for $129 five month ago. (Not Installed)
I have downloaded X.3.5 and have it available when my IT System Guy guarantees the download of Panther and the upgrade. My IT person has not had a problem with system X3-Panther ever. But, like you and I, we are not a professional IT person to deal with the problems with Panther. My co-worker puts her icon up to the left hand corner of her screen and the icon suddenly appears to the lower right hand of the screen. BUGGY!!! This woman also has an APPLE CONTRACT. APPLE CANNOT FIX HER PROBLEMS!!! What the heck are you we to do by ourselves?

Kevin

Collapse -
Re: Panther has gone crazy.
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / October 30, 2004 12:42 AM PDT

Not Buggy at all and it would appear that you are the only one affected. That is how the system is designed to work when you have certain functions turned on. In the Finder, go to the View menu and select view options. Make sure that ALL the options are unchecked and close the windows.
There, all your icons stay where they are placed. Let me know if this worked for you, when you calm down.
You might as well go ahead and installed X.3 as all the updates are directed toward that system and as your IT guy has "never" had a problem with X.3 then what is stopping you?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

VIDEO

Do you have Google Home?

If you don't like the stock appearance of Google Home, here are two quick and easy ways to make it truly yours.