General discussion

Panicware Pop Up Stopper and Netscape 7.1

Although my popup stopper always works fine with IE6, it would delay the loading of a page in Netscape 7.1. It would finally load. Now, all of a sudden, I notice that there is no more delay on Netscape. Either Netscape or Panicware must have done someting good. This is for information only.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Panicware Pop Up Stopper and Netscape 7.1
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Panicware Pop Up Stopper and Netscape 7.1
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re:Panicware Pop Up Stopper and Netscape 7.1

You do realize that since Netscape7.1 is based on code just a few weeks short of the official Mozilla 1.4 release, it has its own popup blocker built in right? Unless you're using Internet Explorer, you have no need for 3rd party popup blocking software.

BTW, do yourself a favor and download Mozilla instead. It gets rid of all the AOL junk and is updated far more freequently (Mozilla is at 1.5 now).

- Collapse -
Re:Re:Panicware Pop Up Stopper and Netscape 7.1

NO THANKS!

- Collapse -
Re:Panicware Pop Up Stopper and Netscape 7.1

This simply happend because Netscape 7.1 has its
own "Popup controler" from the "Tools" menu.
This is for information only.
bye, Michel.

- Collapse -
Re:Re:Panicware Pop Up Stopper and Netscape 7.1

I use Netscape 7.1 and have it set to block pop-up ads and it works better the an add-on pop-up blocker. I've tried both and the version in Netscape works extremely well.

CNET Forums

Forum Info