General discussion

Panels used in Samsung LCD TV sets

May I know which panel is used in 5 series of Samsung LCD TV. I heard there are 3 types which Samsung uses- S, A and C. Out of C is marketed from elsewhere and S and A are Samsung made panels.

Please highlight on this information.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Panels used in Samsung LCD TV sets
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Panels used in Samsung LCD TV sets
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Panels used in Samsung LCD TV sets

techsavvy77,

All of the panels in Samsung televisions meet or exceed the listed specifications.

That's the highlight. I don't speak on internal parts of our products.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Re:

Thanks for the reply.
Still I am not able to solve my confusion.

Can you let me know if the panel used in Sony and Samsung 5 series is the same?

Like Panasonic mentions that they use IPS Panel technology.

Please comment so that it would be easier for deciding which brand to purchase.

Regards

- Collapse -
Read HDtech's reply again.

All they offer is the panels meet or exceed the published spec. It appears that no one will or can answer if panel S, A or C is installed in the set that you are going to take delivery of.

If this is the make or breaking point of your purchase decision, it will fail as no one can tell you that. Only that the specs are met.
Bob

- Collapse -
Re: Samsung LCD Panels

Okay. I got your point. It means Samsung can use any of the 3 panels. If I am able to find out that it is A or S then will purchase else go for Sony as Sony makes only one type of panel and doesn't change it as per the series or size of LCD TV.

Because the costing of the LCD depends lot on the kind of panel used. And the cheapest of all is 'C' that is why the other lower brand LCD's are cheaper than the higher brands.

Samsung forum should guide the consumers but I guess Samsung is more concerned on making profits in abundance than customer awareness for that product.

Anyways
Thanks

- Collapse -
About "costing".

I found your comment odd since I have been in and around the electronics production scene since the 1970s. The cost is not as simple as a letter grade but is a topic that is near and dear to me. The one thing I learned is that if you reduce the parts count or automate the process then the cost drops. There are so many other factors in determining cost that it is not a simple matter and can't be stated that 'C' is the cheapest.
Bob

- Collapse -
Comparing 5 and 6 series

Which one is a better option when compared to C550 and C630 40 inch Samsung LCD ?
I just want for normal TV viewing and watching movies through my laptop or USB stick ?

Regards

- Collapse -
Read bamboo's reply below.

After many years I have come to learn that antiglare does take away some clarity. But for those that can't set up a room, they must have an antiglare screen.

As to which you like the best, that's what showrooms are for.
Bob

- Collapse -
Samsung Panel Difference

The 550 series has the matte finish panels. Dont know anything about the S,A and C. The 6 series is available with the Ultra Clear Panel. If You dont have a lot of refection issues get the Ultra Clear Panel. You will love it. I did.

- Collapse -
Samsung LCD series

When did you purchase the 6 series? Is it C630 or 650?
Can you check the backside of your LCD TV and let me know the last alphabet after the model number. It must be either S, A or C.

Await reply
Thanks

CNET Forums

Forum Info