Samsung forum

General discussion

Pandora glitch with Samsung BD-P1600

by jlpierce70 / January 17, 2010 8:04 AM PST

When I listen to Pandora on my Samsung BD-P1600 at the begaining of every song in the first second there is a glitch or a silence. Firmware 2.05. I've tried resetting the unit, resetting my modem and router, reloaded 2.05 all with no luck. I was chatting with a tech at the Samsung site and everything he suggested I've done already.

I've read other people on AVS having this problem too with 1600s and 1590s so I'm pretty sure the problem is with the 1600 not anything else in my setup but I'd be willing to try anything to fix it if you think the problem is something else.

Help me Samsung Tech!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Pandora glitch with Samsung BD-P1600
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Pandora glitch with Samsung BD-P1600
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Three with the same problem
by jlpierce70 / January 17, 2010 12:27 PM PST

I bought a different (another) 1600 today and brought it home and it did the same thing. I brought it back to Best Buy and they hooked it up to the internet and to a TV and it did the same thing there. So at least I know its not my modem/router/internet connection causing the problem.

The guy helping me went and grabbed another 1600 off of the shelf and hooked it up to the internet and and a TV. I went online and added that new one to my Pandora account. It was getting busy so it was getting louder and I could tell he was in a hurry. We listened to the start of three or four songs and I though I could hear it happen a few times but a few times I was pretty sure I didn't.

I assumed problem solved and took that one home. Hooked it up to my HT system and in the quite of my home it was obvious it was still there!!

I wonder if there isn't a bad batch of them, production was probably up for Christmas and maybe with the haste to produce more quality went down. All three were purchased in Dec and Jan. The last two I've had said it was manuactured Nov 09 (2009.11)the first one I didn't make a point to look. I'm going to go back tomorrow and try it again. And again and again. As long as they can test them at Best Buy and get the same result I'll keep trying to get one that works.

Do you think it is something to do with my Pandora account? My Pandora account and the Samsung 1600 are the only two constant varibiles in this problem. I was going to create a new account and try that but I can't deactivate the 1600 from my current account.
I've emailed Pandora to delete all the 1600s (three with this problem so far) and I'll start fresh again tomorrow.

Collapse -
Not Pandora
by jlpierce70 / January 19, 2010 4:02 PM PST

I had Pandora clear my 1600 from my Pandora account.
I created a new account with a new email account and that account had all new stations. Nothing the same.

I had the same problem. So I've decided that it isnt' Pandora, isn't my internet, etc. Every variable has been removed leaving the 1600.

I stepped my firmware back to 1.03 (2.05, 2.04, 2.03, 1.04, 1.03) and all of them have the glitch.

Samsung Tech: Can you give me some idea if there is a fix? Is there a firmware in the works for this problem? I've seen others with the same problem on other forums so I know it isn't just me.

Samson

Collapse -
Samsung tech, are you out there????
by jlpierce70 / January 30, 2010 3:02 PM PST
In reply to: Not Pandora

Samsung tech,
I've been waiting for a few weeks for a response to this post. Any idea what is going on with my Pandroa?

Collapse -
Pandora problem
by jlpierce70 / February 5, 2010 7:07 AM PST

bump.

Collapse -
Same problem here
by RedZeppelin / February 5, 2010 7:44 AM PST

Pandora does the exact same thing on my 1600. At the very beginning of a song the audio cuts out for just a split second.

I'm also on firmware 2.05, and my audio is connected to my receiver via TOS.

Obviously this isn't an isolated issue. Samsung, any word on a pending fix?

Thanks.

Collapse -
Glitch fixed
by rjblackborow / March 29, 2010 4:53 AM PDT

Firmware Version 2.08 seems to have fixed this.

Collapse -
Samsung tech
by jlpierce70 / March 29, 2010 12:08 PM PDT
In reply to: Glitch fixed

Samsung tech, can you confirm if this was fixed on the 2.08 update?

I'm holding off on the update until people have time to try it and see how it goes.

I've got two 1600s, my other one has handshake issues, but my other one hooked to the same AV receiver with the same HDMI cable, same everything and doesn't have the handshake issues. Hopefully that is addressed in the update if that is something that can be updated.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!