Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Panda Titanium Antivirus 2004: Awarded '5-Stars' From antivirus.about.com

by Donna Buenaventura / February 7, 2004 12:48 AM PST

GLENDALE, Calif., Feb. 4 -- A recent review by antivirus.about.com, the section of the prestigious US portal dealing specifically with viruses and antivirus software, has awarded Titanium Antivirus 2004 its maximum '5 Stars' for the category. According to Mary Landesman, the portal?s editor, "It's hard not to be impressed with Panda Titanium. Not only does it offer solid virus protection, but it includes unique features such as alerting users when an operating system patch has been released and self-diagnostics to ensure the protection is working as designed. These days, Internet users can?t be too careful, and Panda Titanium can be an important part of their safety arsenal."

According to antivirus.about.com -- at www.antivirus.about.com /cs/softwarereviews/gr/pandatitan.htm -- "For those who prefer to put together an a la carte solution from best-of-breed packages, Panda Antivirus Titanium 2004 provides excellent, focused virus protection software." The report highlights the solution's complete self diagnosis system, pointing out that as, "many worms attempt to disable antivirus and firewall software as part of their infection routine, Panda comes complete with self-diagnostics, helping to ensure optimum protection is delivered at all times."

http://www.itsecurity.com/tecsnews/feb2004/feb45.htm

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Panda Titanium Antivirus 2004: Awarded '5-Stars' From antivirus.about.com
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Panda Titanium Antivirus 2004: Awarded '5-Stars' From antivirus.about.com
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Thanks, seems great. Noticed you can download a 'Try'...

version, don't know how long the 'try' is good. Also, it indicates on the pay version, updates (def) are daily whereas others can be 2-7 days , does anyone know what the yearly subscription cost is?

JR

Collapse -
Re:Thanks, seems great. Noticed you can download a 'Try'...
by Donna Buenaventura / February 7, 2004 1:56 AM PST

Their store only mentioned $US39.95 for 1 year license. Couldn't find the yearly subscription renewal info in their store. In PC Mag Review $US39.95 for 1 year license then yearly subscription renewal, $24.95 for Panda Antivirus Titanium (not sure if it will the same for Panda TAV 2004).

Happy

Collapse -
by Marianna Schmudlach / February 7, 2004 1:56 AM PST

Hi JR,

just looked it up:

Purchase options for 1 computer
With 6 months' services*

$ US 19.95 Download

$ US 19.95 Box
With 1 year's services*

$ US 39.95 Download

$ US 39.95 Box
Longer suscriptions, more savings*

2 years' services*
$ US 69.95 Download

3 years' services*
$ US 89.95 Download

More than one computer?
Now you can also enjoy great discounts when purchasing licenses !

click here Panda

Collapse -
Appreciate the good info Donna and Marianna that you both provide all the time.
by John Robie / February 7, 2004 5:55 AM PST

Collapse -
(NT)Thanks, JR - try to do "my best" :)

Collapse -
by Harv / February 7, 2004 1:22 PM PST

You can buy the latest version of Panda Antivirus at this website for one year at $29.95: http://www.softwareboy.com.

Plug in "Panda Antivirus" into Search to get the download and purchase site.

I installed it and it works fine. Happy

Collapse -
(NT) Thanks Harv.
by John Robie / February 7, 2004 11:22 PM PST

Collapse -
Re:(NT) Thanks Harv.
by BrendaStarr / May 17, 2004 12:15 PM PDT
In reply to: (NT) Thanks Harv.

I bought this today at Staples but got home and it said in fine print on the back "2003" so I am returning it.
Question....Panda offers the Platinum which has a firewall, which I need. Is it compatible with XP and AOL? Would this package be better than using Panda, Zone Alarm or Spybot??
Thanks (I'm a newbie Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.