TVs & Home Theaters forum

Question

Panasonic Viera TC-60AS530U - Networks error

by Srivathsan Seshadri / October 10, 2015 4:09 PM PDT

Hi,
I am unable to connect my Viera wirelessly to the internet. The TV was working fine for about a year and all of a sudden I get this black screen with a message "Network error occured (E3C35)" when I attempt to access "Netflix" & "YouTube" apps on the TV.

I see no issues with my wireless service; I am able to access the web on my other devices - phone, computer & tablet.

I called Panasonic for help; issue has been escalated for review, but haven't heard from them yet. Any help that I can get is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Panasonic Viera TC-60AS530U - Networks error
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Panasonic Viera TC-60AS530U - Networks error
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
The usual is
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 10, 2015 4:18 PM PDT

Change the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and see if it clears up. It's a common answer with longer writeups all over so I'll pause here.

Collapse -
Re: The usual is
by Srivathsan Seshadri / October 10, 2015 7:08 PM PDT
In reply to: The usual is

Dear R.Proffitt, Thank you for your response. Panasonic support over phone walked me through and helped me set the DNS to 8.8.8.8; unfortunately it didn't help.

Collapse -
Given more folk are having the issue
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 11, 2015 10:17 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: The usual is

It's now likely it's some issue with Viera's network system and not your TV or internet connection.

It's been an issue I have pondered how the TV makers were going to be able to deliver reliability over time. That is, the TV maker doesn't write the YouTube app and if Google changes the YouTube site in such a way but doesn't issue a new TV app, well, what a mess. The TV is well out of warranty but will consumers understand? (My answer is no.)

On top of that some makers will not post status on the web or just tell the truth when the support calls come in.

In this case, it's sounding like an issue on the mothership.

Collapse -
Answer
I have the same issue
by ANHDAN_LE / October 11, 2015 7:17 AM PDT

I have exactly the same issue with my Panasonic Viera TC-60AS530U. First, the Netflix was working fine, only I cannot open youtube.

The TV screen said: "please check internet connection". However, I doubled check and also opened Netflix. It worked well. No you tube.

Next, I decided to reset everything and then my Netflix has the same issue with you tube: "Network error occured E3C35".

All other devices are working well. I tried to see whether firmware is new version and it is. I tried all of methods recommended in different forums. Nothing works!

It happened on Oct 10, 2015. Please help.

Collapse -
Error
by Maximizer417 / October 11, 2015 10:07 AM PDT
In reply to: I have the same issue

Mine is doing the exact same thing as of yesterday

Collapse -
Error
by givemedrums83 / October 11, 2015 10:51 AM PDT
In reply to: Error

October 11, 2015. Having the same issue. I show a perfect connection but trying to access the APPS feature returns a prompt saying I need to be connected to the internet. Again, Internet Status report on the TV shows working and connected internet. Have also heard nothing back from Panasonic regarding the issue.

Collapse -
(NT) My panasonic viera smart tv its doing the same
by Ara1811 / October 11, 2015 10:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Error
Collapse -
Confirmation of Server Updates
by givemedrums83 / October 11, 2015 11:33 AM PDT

I just spoke with Technical Support FROM Panasonic directly and they have confirmed they are updating their servers and customers should experience connecting to the servers for 24-48 hours. Hope this helps anyone.

Collapse -
Apps
by K1082 / October 11, 2015 11:52 AM PDT

Does your internet browser work but not the apps like YouTube Netflix etc?

Collapse -
apps not working on my Panasonic tv
by johnofromsligo / March 7, 2016 3:57 PM PST

My apps refuse to work on my Panasonic smart tv this evening. .reading the above. .have i nothing to worry about until Panasonic fix their server ..my Internet connection is fine..so the tv tells me. .was about to watch house of cards on Netflix after watching 4 episodes last night. . ? Can someone shed light and keep me calm. ..

Collapse -
(NT) Now you know why I went with Roku.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 7, 2016 3:59 PM PST
Collapse -
Same isssue
by rtw2001 / March 7, 2016 8:59 PM PST

I experience the same problem. Tried everything..resetting tv..resetting internet modem.

Found this forum and was kind of relieved that the issue is at panasonic.

However not too happy with the fact that panasonic is checking my usage re. Apps.....

Collapse -
Answer
Called Panasonic
by ANHDAN_LE / October 11, 2015 11:55 AM PDT

I just made a call with Panasonic technical support people. They let me know that they do maintenance their serve. They said that we don't have to do anything. After they complete their job (around 48 hours), everything will be back in the normal. Just want to share with you.

Oh, sorry, someone already wrote the same thing in below note. :((

Collapse -
Thanks
by Nodgers1 / October 11, 2015 12:01 PM PDT
In reply to: Called Panasonic

Thank you for putting this up here, I was having the exact same issue and this has saved me a lot of hassle. I wish I'd found out before I'd done a factory reset on my TV and pulled my network apart to find the problem though!

Collapse -
Thank you all
by Srivathsan Seshadri / October 11, 2015 2:00 PM PDT
In reply to: Thanks

Thank you all for helping with your posts. Thanks again for the support

Collapse -
Panasonic Servers Snooping and Funnelling
by Simon Stewart / October 11, 2015 2:11 PM PDT

I think it is important to note that this means that these Panasonic TV's are NOT truly internet connected TV's. For context, I have a brand new CX802B which is being affected by this.

Applications like YouTube, Netflix etc... should not, and must not be funnelled through another server. This is being done for data mining and marketing. You can opt out of the targeted advertising, but this does not change the infrastructure that means that in order to successfully connect to these services in the internet, your TV must get past the data mining servers at Panasonic HQ.

For more details, look through this thread:

https://www.avforums.com/threads/network-issue-with-panasonic-cx802b.1985724/

Collapse -
Now that Samsung does that as well.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 11, 2015 2:18 PM PDT

What SmartTV does not funnel?

Collapse -
Answer. All are tracking you.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 11, 2015 2:39 PM PDT
Collapse -
If I were to guess
by Simon Stewart / October 11, 2015 2:42 PM PDT

I'd guess Android TV devices will not require manufacturer servers to work.

It is not so much that Panasonic passes the data through their servers to monitor it (and market it), that is "acceptable", it is the problem that these servers are not serving the content from beyond them (i.e. Netflix), so their failures should not in any way impact such services.

I would genuinely prefer an end to "smart" TV's.

Collapse -
Let's dish on the Netflix for a moment.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 11, 2015 2:47 PM PDT
In reply to: If I were to guess

Why do the smart TV makers want to know about your Netflix? Simple. Revenue sharing.

They don't give up premium billing for Netflix apps for nothing. They want a cut so when you play a title from Netflix no maker was so trusting to just let Netflix play without checking in with the mothership first.

Collapse -
Agreed
by Simon Stewart / October 11, 2015 2:52 PM PDT

But keep in mind that this affected practically all apps, and not just Netflix. Panasonic can mine this data if they have to, but the end user should not lose access to paid for content when Panasonic's servers go bad.

Collapse -
It goes deeper than mining and getting paid.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 11, 2015 2:57 PM PDT
In reply to: Agreed

But let's sum it up here. The SmartTV is no PC. It never claimed to be and every place the maker can get some income they will. It's not as if this is any secret but everytime Samsung, Pan, Sony, and the others do a change or go down, it exposes this issue for all to go over it again.

Most folk don't care. Those that do, disable the smart feature and use something else.

Collapse -
Yes it does.
by Simon Stewart / October 11, 2015 3:03 PM PDT

Yes indeed, which is what I will be doing very soon.

This is why I'd rather you could buy a TV like this without the "smarts"

Collapse -
Netfilx
by eklmattke1 / March 1, 2016 10:04 AM PST

Chuck Pitzer, Senior Mechanical Engineer at Neato Robotics, has made himself available for an upcoming Reddit AMA! You may know Chuck from last year’s season of BattleBots on ABC. Chuck and the team from Neato Robotics carried a three-win streak with their monstrous robot, Ghost Raptor. Ghost Raptor was only one in a long line of combat robots Chuck has helped to created, all with the surname “Raptor”. Ghost Raptor is just the latest in Chuck’s arsenal of ferocious combat robots. Far from being a crazed maker of killer robots, Chuck has worked on a variety of different machines, including television and consumer robots. Chuck’s work has also been featured on shows such as Shameless (Showtime), Lab Rats (Disney), Breaking In (Fox), Killer Robots (Discovery Channel), and Auction Hunters (Spike TV). Set the date in your calendar now, March 2nd, and make sure you don’t miss out on this opportunity! Whether you’re a BattleBots fan, a robotics enthusiast or even mildly interested in machines, this is one AMA you won’t want to miss!

Collapse -
Information
by ANHDAN_LE / October 11, 2015 7:35 PM PDT

By the way, I will continue checking the issue within 48 hours. If any of you are successful to resolve the issue, please let everybody know about it. Thank you.

Collapse -
It is working now
by ANHDAN_LE / October 11, 2015 9:35 PM PDT
In reply to: Information

My Panasonic is working as normal right now.

When you open netflix or youtube, they will ask you to AGREE some new privacy terms and conditions. After that, everything is back to normal. You can access to all of apps.

Hope that your guys are doing fine with yours.

Collapse -
Panasonic Network Problems
by DanielPruna / December 13, 2015 12:49 AM PST

Thank s for your explanation i have the same Network error and i think :it s time the return the tv...but after almost 8 hours the tv s come back to run on apps, Tks for you ,with what happened with server Panasonic or Network break signal !Tks so much Man!

Collapse -
Answer
Panasonic Viera TC-60AS530U - Networks error
by azim12 / October 28, 2015 10:32 PM PDT

I will continue checking the issue within 48 hours. If any of you are successful to resolve the issue, please let everybody know about it.
Thank you.

Collapse -
Answer
You made my day!!
by deejaymisty1 / October 1, 2016 6:50 AM PDT

Thanks a lot... It worked for me.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?