TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Panasonic V10 series being discontiued?

by bawj / December 3, 2009 2:54 AM PST

Has any one heard that Panasonic was or has discontinued the v10 series plasma?

I was in a local store today because they where expecting a shipment of 58V10s. They did get them but everyone of them was already spoken for. He also told that the area rep for panasoinc was in the store that morning and informed him the the v10 series was discontinued. He said ask why and he was told that is was just a predetermined schedule for termnation. The store masger sadi that it was one of there best selling tvs. I had been in the store on black friday and they told me that they had 10 58v10s comming on this week and that 7 out of 10 already had deposits. I thought I would wait until they came in not figuring that the other 3 would sell out that fast.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Panasonic V10 series being discontiued?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Panasonic V10 series being discontiued?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I wasn't aware of that
by Pepe7 / December 3, 2009 5:06 AM PST

I highly doubt it though (yet). The Panny 'NeoPDP Eco' aren't supposed to come out until 2010 AFAIK. You might check the PDP sub-forum @ AVS. There are plenty of folks 'in the know' there.

Sometimes big box stores make up stories to keep the potential for a sale alive if not enough of a particular in-demand product is in stock. YMMV, clearly.

Collapse -
The person is on crack
by givemeaname / December 3, 2009 5:08 AM PST

The V10 is just a few months old model and the replacment (next gen) will not be coming out until June 2010....
The V10 are still being made!!!!!

Get the tv online you will save lots, just makesure you get it from a good place.

Amazon
crutchfield
Clevelandplasma
onecall
butterflyphoto

there are more....

Collapse -
I think he might be right!
by chauncey30 / December 16, 2009 12:29 PM PST
In reply to: The person is on crack

I work in the TV industry and I know a very large buyer than just told me that the panasonic V10 series and Samsung 8500 were being discontinued through them starting Jan 1 2010. I'm not sure if just they aren't going to have it or no one will have them. But these are two of the biggest TVs out right now why wouldn't they want them.

I know CES is just around the corner so who knows! I know its not the norm for these guys to introduce products that are available soon usually its 6 months or more out. But hey Apple does it and they do create quite a show.

Collapse -
I have my doubts
by Pepe7 / December 16, 2009 11:50 PM PST
Collapse -
Not able to meet demand
by RaviCKota / December 5, 2009 11:16 AM PST

I ordered the TC-P54V10 a couple of weeks ago from the Panasonic store online. It's been back ordered even though the site said it was in stock at the time i ordered it. When I called to inquire, they told me they were having trouble keeping up with the demand, but did not mention anything about discontinuing the V10 line.

Collapse -
Panasonic 54v10
by ldonal / March 23, 2010 3:33 PM PDT

I have the panasonic 54v10. It is a great tv. But I want a larger one. Wife will not let me purchase another tv, unless I let go of this one. Would like to keep this one and purchase a larger one (wishful thinking). I purchased the v10 in January 2010. I do not really know how to sell the unit, through amazon, ebay, or craiglist. Warranty is included. If you have any suggestions on how to sell this unit or would like to purchase, please let me know.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?