Samsung forum

General discussion

Panasonic TCP54VT25 vs Samsung PN58C8000

by johnsenn03 / June 21, 2010 12:16 PM PDT

Hello,
After reading the editor's review on the Panasonic 54VT25 I truly believe it is the best plasma I can buy for under $3000. Yet I am still very interested in the Samsung 58C8000 for a few reasons. One, it is slimmer and more sleek in design. Two, it has a larger picture size and can convert 2D to 3D at any time. Finally, it is about $300 cheaper. Yet, I cannot find enough substantial evidence that it is on par with the Philips in terms of performance. I would love to hear opinions or find out when the Samsung will get an editor's review.

Thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Panasonic TCP54VT25 vs Samsung PN58C8000
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Panasonic TCP54VT25 vs Samsung PN58C8000
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Panasonic TCP54VT25 vs Samsung PN58C8000
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 21, 2010 1:37 PM PDT

johnsenn03,

It might be best for the CNet Editors to field this one. Unfortunately, I don't have any control on reviews or comparisons between different brands.

If I can help with any Samsung specific questions, I'll be happy to assist.

--HDTech

Collapse -
thanks.
by johnsenn03 / June 22, 2010 1:50 AM PDT

I appreciate the response. Are there a couple key points or advantages why your 58C8000 is better than the Panny?

Also, what is Samsung's top of the line non-3D plasma model? I don't necessarily need 3D but it seems like these units have better 2D pictures as well.

Thanks!

Collapse -
follow up question
by johnsenn03 / June 22, 2010 2:56 AM PDT
In reply to: thanks.

Well, after a little more research i thik I found the exact tv to fit my needs...unfortunately it is the 2009 model.

The Samsung PN58B860 is perfect for me. No 3D, awesome looks, and great comparative info vs the old Panny V10 series.

2 questions:
1) What is the 2010 model of the old B860?
2) Did the Cinema Smooth function transfer over to the 2010 8000 series plasma or did it become something different/better?

Thanks again.

Collapse -
follow up question
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 22, 2010 1:25 PM PDT
In reply to: follow up question

johnsenn03,

That's great news!

1) It would either be the C6500 or C590 - either one could be compared to the 2009 B860 models.

2. CinemaSmooth transfers into the 2010 models, and while there may have been improvements, I'd be hard-pressed to know exactly what was changed. I believe it to be relatively similar to last year's models. The higher models this year tout the 3D feature, so perhaps that will help explain why similar series are different this year when compared to last year.

Happy to help!

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.