TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Panasonic SC-HT940 vs SC-RT50 HTIB

I have a choice between the Panasonic SC-HT-940 or the SC-RT50 wich one should I get?
In the reviews the HT-940 got a rating of 7.3 and the RT-50 got a 6.7 rating, I'm just not sure why beacause I thought they were the same specs, except that the RT-50 as a DVD recorder.

Should I go with the HT-940 and maybe buy a seperate DVD recorder,

My TV is a Panasonic Viera 600 42"Plasma and It has 2 HDMI connections is that good?
Could I hook up the HTIB and a DVD recorder with HDMI capabilyties.

Or just go with the RT-50 wich as everything in one?

Thank You!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Panasonic SC-HT940 vs SC-RT50 HTIB
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Panasonic SC-HT940 vs SC-RT50 HTIB
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
dont go with either

In reply to: Panasonic SC-HT940 vs SC-RT50 HTIB

you have a nice tv. those htib's have no digital audio inputs which means the only true surround sond you'll get is from dvd movies. you're stuck using prologic and rca cables to connect your other high def equipment together.

Collapse -
HUMMMM!

In reply to: dont go with either

So you mean I would not be able to get souround and HD from my
Bell Xpress Vue (9200) satelite, with this system???
It just good for DVD's?

Collapse -
Speaker Wires?

Thanks for the Info, but I don't think i could go wrong the system was free,
I have the sc-ht940 and so far it 's been good,, great sound but you are wright about not having much connections.

The speaker wires they put in that box is just too small, and I purched some 14 Gauge wire(not instaled yet) do you know if a person can go to big with the speaker wires with does type of speakers?

Thanks!

Collapse -
14 ga speaker wire in HT-940

In reply to: Speaker Wires?

That is what I used - sounds GREAT!!

Collapse -
speaker wires

I don't think i can go wrong,but I see what you mean about the connections,,, i'm getting the Panasonic SC-HT940 at no Cost! and it sounds very good even with the small speaker wires they provide with the system!

Do you know if i can go to big for speaker wire with does Speakers

I perchased some 14gauge wire or should I go with 16 gauge?

Thanks!

Collapse -
speaker cable not fussy other than really long runs

In reply to: speaker wires

The 14 gauge is fine. Heck, 16 would be, too, as well as 18 for normal ciscumstances. Don't buy into any proposition about super premium needed for speakers. Although, just to demonstrate extremes do happen, my dealer told of a 10 thousand set of speakers some guy used tiny doorbell wire to connect & wondered why it didn't seem he was getting their full potential.

Collapse -
speaker wire

In reply to: speaker cable not fussy other than really long runs

So, 14 gaudge is not too big of a wire for those small speakers? they seem very flimzy but they sound great!

I thougt that it would of made more of a difference on the more highend speakers like the one diskjockey used.

maybe i'll stick with that then.....

Thanks!

Collapse -
Larger wire is not going to do anything to the speakers,

In reply to: speaker wire

just let the electrical impulses with sound information flow the the speaker (large or small.)

It won't have increased current because of it's more generous size.

TIny wire, however, could choke off an adequate transmitting of sound info.

The tiny doorbell wire example was extreme, but really happened.

Collapse -
And

In reply to: Larger wire is not going to do anything to the speakers,

you're not going to get more electircity flow just because the wire is bigger.

A water well will have just so much flow potential. A tiny pump or tiny pipe will limit & restrict flow because they choke it off. A huge pipe can flow a tiny amount of water. It doesn't flow an ocean of water just because it is big.

Your speaker wire is not generating electricity, only passing it through. Speakers do have power handling limits. The integrated amplifier or receiver has a pre-amplifier/controller volume control to determine the loudness. In fact, with speakers, too little amplifier power ability can cause serious problems so the speaker will not sound good. (a situation called "clipping.")

Collapse -
speaker wire

In reply to: And

One last question.

Is it better to sauder the ends or just leave them bear? i read that in one of the forums!

Pardon my french ♫♫

Thanks!☻♫

Collapse -
Not fussy

In reply to: speaker wire

just make sure the wire will make a good, solid, positive contact with whatever kind of connector the speaker has. Don't make it any more complicated than necessary. I've soldered wire ends for an auto radio, but never for in-home.

Collapse -
SA-XR57 receiver Panasonic

Should I go with the Panasonic SA-XR57 receiver insted it should have more connection the HTIB?

Collapse -
POLOR SPEAKER WIRE SIZE NOT INPORTANT BUT

I would save save your money and invest in a good a/v/ amp for around $250 you can buy a sweet amp with tons of inputs. Then the most inportant part of your sweet home theater system is going to be speakers.Spend as much as you can afford remember great speakers will last a lifetime you will never have to upgrade them. good luck steweee

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.