Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Video Cameras forum

General discussion

panasonic pv gs35 vs. pv gs150

by bklynrickel / January 30, 2006 7:59 AM PST

recently bought gs35, but now unsettled with hearing that the picture quality of 3 ccd is superior. yet the 150 has only 10x optical zoom

can still exchange gs35 to upgrade to the 150 which is also $150 more.

what to do?

any suggestions appreciated. thanks.

richard

Discussion is locked
Collapse -
found open box gs 150 ...
by bklynrickel / January 31, 2006 10:10 AM PST

at CC. exchanged the gs 35 for it. now, i'm a happy camper!

Collapse -
panasonic pv gs35 vs. pv gs150
by jonlund / February 5, 2006 4:27 AM PST

I have my choices narrowed down to the GS35 and the GS150.which one did you go with and why? im wanting the 30x zoom of the GS35 (I will be using it on a tripod) the 3ccd of the GS150 is far superior,but it only has 10x zoom.any help would be great.Thanks

Collapse -
the 3 ccds won out for me
by bklynrickel / February 5, 2006 7:49 AM PST

i valued the qualtity of the video with the gs 150 more than the zoom with a single ccd chip. significantly better, brigter color and more clarity.

to me, the zoom on the 150 is more than adequate for my needs. zoom without quality = nada.

the hotshoe on the 150 also allows for more lighting indoors if needed and corrects the weakness of the 35 in that regard.

zeiss lens on the 150

built in lens cover on the 150

somewhat better quality stills on the 150.

150 appears to have a more solid feel or build to it though both camcorders are a lot similar apart from the ccd issue.

consistently better consumer reviews on the 150. reviews of the 35 appear to try to justify purchase, rationalizing or putting up with its weaknesses.

in fairness, 150 does not do a true widescreen, and a tripod is still a good idea at higher magnifications. the manual is crummy as with the 35, and apparently the warranty is not great with only three months labor and a year parts. i'm buying an extended warranty for the electronics because their are too many moving parts and the thing is delicate. it just seems like the wise thing to do.

gs 150 = 3 ccd and better quality overall. more bite for your buck in my view.

best regards,

richard

Collapse -
oops!
by bklynrickel / February 5, 2006 9:59 AM PST

the gs 150 sports a leica lens not a zeiss. still a great lens, but i have to correct my mistake. sorry.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!