Camcorders forum

General discussion

Panasonic PV-GS320: How do I use it as a webcam?

by Muaguana / March 10, 2008 10:35 AM PDT

I've been trying to use my PV-GS320 as a webcam recently but it doesn't work (I'm operating on Windows XP Professional). I've installed the included USB driver, hooked the camera to the computer, put it on the Webcam setting, but when I try to dock in a Stickam chat room, no image shows up. The monitor on my camera has a large red exclamation point in the center of the screen when I try to use it as a webcam.

Can anyone help me out here? What am I doing wrong?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Panasonic PV-GS320: How do I use it as a webcam?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Panasonic PV-GS320: How do I use it as a webcam?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
This is a dead end.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 10, 2008 10:48 AM PDT

While we could write about another method what you discover is the camcorder shuts down after a few minutes so after getting it to work you discover that this is yet another dead end.

Fix? Get a web cam.
Bob

Collapse -
are you still out there?
by grazan / April 8, 2009 10:45 AM PDT
In reply to: This is a dead end.

I know this thread is old, but I just came upon it, and what you just described is exactly what is happening to me. I have a Canon ZR200 connected to a PC with firewire, and the video shows up great in various programs and messengers, but the camcorder turns itself off after 2-3 minutes or so every time no matter how I have it powered (AC or battery). I thought there was something wrong with the camcorder, but after reading your reply, I think you may know something more about this situation. Could you please enlighten me?

Collapse -
Remember it's not busted.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 8, 2009 12:09 PM PDT

Camcorders are simple things that would overheat and expire if such was enabled. Some owners want long explanations but let's keep it short. The design is made for short duty cycles.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.