General discussion

Panasonic FZ 15

The FZ15 is on my shortlist.
What a lense ! 12X and f2.8 all through the zoom range.

I have two hesitations.
One is the macro mode.Any one have any experience
with it? I do a lot of macro work( the closer the better).
will this lense give me quality images at this end of the spectrum?
Is there a quality macro accessory lense available?

Secondly I have had no experience with the Panasonic brand.
Any input as to Product quality, customer service etc ?

Thanks

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Panasonic FZ 15
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Panasonic FZ 15
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Panasonic FZ15

I can't find a lot on the macro setting of the FZ15 other than it will focus as close as 1.97 inches from the front of the lens.

There is one sample macro photo here:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/fz15_pg3.html

I have visited a Panasonic Forum and everyone seems to be quite happy with their cameras.

- Collapse -
Panasonic FZ15

I have a panasonic FZ15. The zoom is really great and I use the camera mainly for nature photography (birds, deer etc.). I have used the camera for many macro shots as well and they have turned out much better than I had even hoped. I took a great series of pictures of a flower and printed the pictures out for valentine's day, mostly 4x6s but a couple of 8x10s too. I have found that it is really not necessary to go to macro mode to take these pictures. Most of my close-up shots have been in either aperture priority or full manual mode. The manual focus ring on the FZ15 works great for these shots. As far as customer support I can't really help as I have had no problems with the camera as of yet. I can say, however, that you will need to buy a larger memory card than the 8mb card supplied. I bought a 512mb high speed card specifically for burst shots. I hope that some of this helped.

- Collapse -
thanks

Thanks for your input.
My camera arrives on the 22nd.
Can't wait to put it thru it's paces.

- Collapse -
You now know

The Lumix is in a class of its' own. The more you use it the more you like it

CNET Forums

Forum Info