TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Panasonic DVD RAM Problem

by moranacus / June 16, 2009 7:20 AM PDT

Me and my brother both have a Panasonic DVD player that can record on RAM discs. He doesn't have the exact same machine as me but they are both Panasonic.
For some reason when he records a program on a RAM disc and brings it to my house to play the RAM disc the DVD player makes noise and won't play (it says it can't read the disc).
What could be causing this problem????
We are using the Panasonic brand of RAM disc and I even had a problem one time trying to play something on a RAM disc that I recorded.
The DVD made a really load noise and I wasn't able to get the RAM disc out until I unplugged the DVD player and let it unplugged for afew minutes.
We think it maybe the brand of RAM disc we are using (Panasonic).
Anyone else ever had a problem with Panasonic RAM discs????

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Panasonic DVD RAM Problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Panasonic DVD RAM Problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Your problem might be that...
by ahtoi / June 16, 2009 11:14 AM PDT

most if any dvd player can play ram format disc. Of course the recorder should read it and your computer might read it.

Collapse -
news to me
by Pepe7 / June 16, 2009 3:08 PM PDT

AFAIK DVD-RAM is the least compatible of the DVD formats, regardless of whether or not it arrived to market before DVD-RW. There are plenty of drives that will simply not play DVD-RAM discs. Please elaborate on this if you can ;).

cheers,
P

Collapse -
Sorry, bad spelling checker, hehe.
by ahtoi / June 16, 2009 5:53 PM PDT
In reply to: news to me

"can" should have been "can't".

Collapse -
;)
by Pepe7 / June 16, 2009 11:51 PM PDT

I figured that might be the case Wink

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!