Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Panasonic DVD HD recorder

by goldmankind / July 26, 2009 4:31 AM PDT

Hi
Ok here is the problem Im in the Uk I have a Philips LCD tv with a freeview tuner built in and a Panasonic DVD DMR EX75 Recorder with Hard disk with built in freeview Tuner. So I Can normally record different to what im watching recored and play at the same time do time slip and such things. Normally in the past when I play back a recording and at the same time happen to be recording at the same time i would only have the playback sound now im getting sound from the playback and the recording at the same time because im obviously playing back through the EXT 1 DVD channel. Or if the DVD as been left on tuned to a receiving channel i will Have both sounds. So im now at the position where I cant record and play at the same time which is how analogue VCR's were.
Peter

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Panasonic DVD HD recorder
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Panasonic DVD HD recorder
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Anything changed?
by WildClay / July 27, 2009 9:27 AM PDT

Did you change anything before this started happening? Anything, like add an A/V receiver, mess with the cables, added an input to the DVD recorder.

If not then it sounds like (no pun intended) you have a problem with the DVD recorder. I have 2 panni DVD Recorders and both support playback of something recorded while recording something else at the same time and like you did before, I only get the playback sound.

Now on mine I have each recorder hooked both directly to the TV and to my A/V receiver as many times I don't turn on the home theater to watch say the news. But since I am hooked up that way, if my TV is selected to DVR and my A/V receiver to the Cable Box then I will hear the DVR from the TV speakers and the Cable Box channel from the home theater speakers.

I suspect something is wrong with your DVR though, I have never had it literally record both the sound from what I was playing and recording on a single recording so when I played it back both were there. I also can't imagine how you could even get it to do that if you wanted to unless everything was hooked to your A/V receiver and it has some kind of mixer function.

Sounds like it time for a trip to the repair shop. One thing you might try first is unplugging your DVD for a couple of days and then plug it back in and see if the problem goes away on its own.

Good Luck!

Collapse -
Panasonic DVD
by goldmankind / July 27, 2009 5:32 PM PDT
In reply to: Anything changed?

Hi
No nothing as changed its just a simple set up with R/f cables and Scart Lead Ive tried it in every combination of euroconnecter sockets also put TV an DVD back to shipping conditions and re downloaded stations again but its the same. Im Convinced its a DVD problem but Panasonic have been less than helpful. I may Purchase a Humax Digital TV Recorder and Connect the Panasonic one up on another scart lead just for play back from the Discs.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!