Cameras forum

General discussion

Panasonic DMC-FZ10 advice needed

I am considering this camera. Love to hear from users. I do a lot of soccer photography.

Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Panasonic DMC-FZ10 advice needed
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Panasonic DMC-FZ10 advice needed
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Panasonic DMC-FZ10 advice needed

In reply to: Panasonic DMC-FZ10 advice needed

The owners of this camera hold in high regard. Visit this website for "Owner Opinions".

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/read_opinions.asp?prodkey=panasonic_dmcfz10

There is a review here:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/fz10.html

Panasonic has recently released the FZ20 and FZ3.
And Konica/Minolta has recently released the Z3.

Here is a comparison:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_post.asp?method=sidebyside&cameras=panasonic_dmcfz3%2Cpanasonic_dmcfz10%2Cpanasonic_dmcfz20%2Ckonicaminolta_dimagez3&show=all

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: Panasonic DMC-FZ10 advice needed

Thanks for the links. Looks like waiting for the DMC-FZ20 might be a worth-while wait.

Collapse -

I have this camera and used it during trips to Guatemala and Africa. I found it adequate for shooting images of animals, which is about as close to the kind of picture taking that you do. The camera has an excellent zoom lens, image stabilization, and a multiple shoot feature, all of which are necessary for good sports photography. Although the start up is a little slow, you won't find a better camera for the price. I'm still researching this issue, but if the camera will take advantage the new high-speed SD cards, I would definitely recommend getting as big and fast an SD card as you can afford. That way you can shoot a zillion pictures and then sort out the best after the game.

Collapse -

I just purchased the DMC-FZ20 and am very pleased so far. I would recommend getting a cord for the lens cap and extra memory. There is a Panasonic mail in rebate right now for a camera case and extra battery. Yes, I'll have to wait for those, but have got an extra case hanging around for now. The Leica lens of this camera is great. The lag time between shots is minimal so I look forward to some action shots at basketball games too.

Collapse -

I have one now for app 8 months,,its the better one of the bunch,,,,i only print pics of 6x8 or smaller...its perfect,,,realy
contact me if you wish
Ps,,,its realy cheap to buy now,,go for it

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.