TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Panasonic Blu-ray Disc player

by Kevin30 / November 12, 2013 11:49 AM PST

Hi have a Panasonic Blu-ray disc player model DMP-BD89. Is there any news to if and when will Amazon streaming or crackle app will be put on to this model ? Thank you

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Panasonic Blu-ray Disc player
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Panasonic Blu-ray Disc player
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
It claims Amazon VOD now.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 14, 2013 6:51 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) Panasonic
by Kevin30 / November 14, 2013 7:30 AM PST
Collapse -
Panasonic Blu-ray player
by Kevin30 / November 14, 2013 7:54 AM PST
In reply to: Panasonic

Hi R.Proffitt
I just call Panasonic and they told me maybe later time through a firmware update they would put Amazon streaming and crackle app on to my Panasonic blu-ray disc player DMP-BD89

Collapse -
I'm a little confused.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 14, 2013 8:00 AM PST

The site clearly shows Amazon VOD. That is streaming. Once in a while folk want it to work just like a PC. but if this is missing the feature on the web page, why give them any time at all?

As to Crackle, that usually takes the Crackle folk to port their app to that player. I can't see how Panasonic can make any promises on that one.
Bob

Collapse -
Your'e Right Bob
by itsdigger / November 14, 2013 8:13 AM PST
In reply to: I'm a little confused.

Those of us that pay for a service like Amazon Prime and Netflix expect it to work no matter what OS we have ,but it doesn't. Amazon and Netflix are thieves stealing our money. Crackle works no matter what since the advertisers pay for commercials. At least Crackle is honest....Digger

Collapse -
Blu ray player
by Kevin30 / November 14, 2013 8:18 AM PST
In reply to: I'm a little confused.

Hi Bob
I told the guy from Panasonic on that the Panasonic website shows the panasonic Blu-ray Disc player and Other websites have this model having Amazon streaming and web capabilities. But he tell me that's not true and must be a mistake on the website.

Collapse -
Got it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 14, 2013 8:21 AM PST
In reply to: Blu ray player

Mistake or not, you didn't get what's on the web site so for the bucks I think you can return this and find something with at least Amazon VOD for the same price.
Bob

Collapse -
Blu ray player
by Kevin30 / November 14, 2013 8:32 AM PST
In reply to: Got it.

Hi R.Proffitt
Can you or anyone please tell which one would you go with if not panasonic Blu-ray Disc player DMP-BD89? I paid $74.99 for it. Thank you

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!