Cameras forum

Question

Pana lumix dmz200 - mode dial showing wrong, no playback

by Amytj / May 16, 2015 10:59 PM PDT

hi!

I took a photo this morning and everything was fine - on auto. When I turned the camera on again 2 hours later it won't do anything I expect! The mode dial says Iauto but actually it's on P, when I turn it around nothing is correct and Iauto doesn't come up under any option. I can't take photos under any of the modes.
The playback button also isn't working and I can't take pictures on any setting!

I realise this sounds like it is broken but I'm on holiday in Brazil and so really want it to work - any tips very gratefully received!

Amy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Pana lumix dmz200 - mode dial showing wrong, no playback
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Pana lumix dmz200 - mode dial showing wrong, no playback
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Model NUMBER
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / May 17, 2015 12:38 AM PDT

Google can't find Panasonic DMZ200.

Collapse -
Panasonic LUMIX dmc fz200
by Amytj / May 17, 2015 2:26 AM PDT
In reply to: Model NUMBER

Sorry writing this on my phone caused me to leave out a few letters of the model - thank you for pointing it out! I don't seem to be able to change original post but it is definitely DMC FZ200.

All ideas welcome!

Collapse -
Fz200
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / May 17, 2015 9:18 AM PDT

There is a good chance you have set something that interferes with the operation of the camera.
You need to try resetting the camera to factory settings.

It look like the reset listed on page 65 of the User Manual will do that.

Give it a try.

Collapse -
Fz200
by Amytj / May 19, 2015 12:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Fz200

Thank you but unfortunately the menu button doesn't work either. I think I have to accept it is a dead duck.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.