Phones forum

General discussion

PalmOne LifeDrive 4GB

by b1rd / April 8, 2006 2:51 AM PDT

Okay, I'm a teenager, and my uncle's freind is leaving Tigerdirect in a few weeks, so he told me I could get what I wanted for 30% off, and I've been looking for a GOOD PVP/Mp3 for a few months now. I've seen the Lifedrive but at 459 its quite an expensive price. But now with 30% off, its actually pretty reasonable, and after tax and **** it gets to about $350.

So yeah, what are your views on it? 4GB is pretty hefty, and I'd probably have 2 fulls movies on it at a time, and like 300songs.

How is its music listening capabilites..Like, how is its music viewing, is it hard to find a specific song?

Is the video watchable? Like would you watch a full movie on it? Is it clear..or is it pixelated?

Ok, so yeah some mini reviews and your views based on what im going to do with it would be nice.

And check out Tigerdirect.ca, and tell me if I dont get this, what should I get?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: PalmOne LifeDrive 4GB
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: PalmOne LifeDrive 4GB
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
PASS!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 8, 2006 2:59 AM PDT
In reply to: PalmOne LifeDrive 4GB

The battery life is lowest amoung the PalmOne units and it's frankly a dated unit. TODAY I can get the PalmOne T|X and a 2GB SD memory card and exceed the battery time and not have a thick unit.

Bob

Collapse -
just get a pvp
by DrNick664 / April 8, 2006 5:56 AM PDT

it sounds like u need a portable video player and not a lifedrive. why dont u get like some archos pvp or something.

but if u really want a pda u should get something with dual expansion slots. also remember pdas were not made to be only movie and music players
so look into pvp players or find something better then lifedrive.
also i should add that with the droping price of flash memory, memory cards are getting cheaper and cheaper

Collapse -
But..
by b1rd / April 8, 2006 11:32 PM PDT

The only problem is at Tigerdirect.ca there are no good PVP's -_-

Collapse -
And...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 9, 2006 12:45 AM PDT
In reply to: But..

Having used the LifeDrive, I'll write it's a poor PVP. Save your money and keep shopping.

Bob

Collapse -
Completely Disagree Bob
by Steves1030 / April 17, 2006 6:17 AM PDT
In reply to: And...

I have owned the Lifedrive for several months and its the greatest PDA I have ever owned, the 4gb hard drive rocks and if you can get it for the amount you specified you would be nuts not to buy it. I have several friends whom after seeing mine went out and bought it. I have encoded several movies to the secure digital memory cards I have three a 2GB used mainly for music and 2 IGB cards used for movies, I can't say enough about the Life Drive except buy it you will not be disappointed

Collapse -
We have 2 of them and they are bulky...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 17, 2006 6:35 AM PDT

Not as much battery time and compare poorly to the T|X which we do like.

The only reason we have them was to test our software.

Bob

Collapse -
Not really
by Steves1030 / April 17, 2006 9:52 AM PDT

Its no more bulkier then the PSP, I'll take the lifedrive anyday over the TX

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.