Phones forum

General discussion

Palm Zire 72 ships with corrupt CD, missing WEBPRO software

I ordered and received a Palm Zire 72 last month. I was extremely busy and could only explore it in limited time. I was very impressed and loving it though.

When my schedule settled down a week later. I bought a D-Link DBT-120 Bluetooth for my desktop pc to extend the possibilities with the Zire 72. That?s another story, needless to say I have the D-Link installed and working properly with proper drivers on my PC running XP Pro w/SP2 installed (no small feat).

I can Hot sync fine, I wanted to browse the net too though. Opps the WebPro 3.5 that the manual, promotional materials and palmOne website state is included is nowhere to be found. I double checked everywhere following instructions meticulously in the manual that was on the disk even. It referred to menu items and directories that were NON-EXISTANT on the CD.

Contacting Palm tech support I get a list of actions, replication of the process I had already reportedly done as stated in the report I made. I triple checked everything and responded "I did that read the email I wrote, it is NOT on the CD." At this point I opened a cmd window and performed a dir>c:\filelist.txt and included the list in my reply. I further added the vol/ser of the disk.

The reply I then got was you have a corrupted CD and it is indeed missing the software, you need to call 813-313-4913 and get the replacement CD. Ok I'll call, I got a message that due to very high call volume and long wait times please contact tech support via web/email.

So I sent another email questioning why since my signature tagline included my PO Box, why I needed to call and wait on hold racking up LD charges or consuming mobile minutes.

The response I got was so I can arrange to BUY the replacement CD.

I have completely reversed my opinion of this product and company. I consider the policy of palmOne with regard to shipping defective materials and charging for corrected replacements not just appalling, but outright unconscionable. I will NEVER buy another Palm product, I can not reccomend thier products.

Go buy the Pocket PC folks! Gee, someone told me that and I didn't listen, sure wish I had now.

Pamela

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Palm Zire 72 ships with corrupt CD, missing WEBPRO software
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Palm Zire 72 ships with corrupt CD, missing WEBPRO software
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
2 ideas.

In reply to: Palm Zire 72 ships with corrupt CD, missing WEBPRO software

1. Call the place you bought it from and call the unit a defect. It is.

2. I had a bad IIIc and it was in the box for 2 months until we needed it only to discover it was a DOA. Palm did well and paid shipping both ways.

It seems they are not as responsive to you...

Bob

Collapse -
By contacting Palm I did cntact who I bought it from

In reply to: 2 ideas.

Sadly I err'd buying direct from palmOne online.

I know that if I had bought it from say Office Depot, I'd have a Pocket PC right now!

Collapse -
It could happen there too.

In reply to: By contacting Palm I did cntact who I bought it from

The same story has been told with the PPCs as well.

Collapse -
I did receive a new CD

In reply to: Palm Zire 72 ships with corrupt CD, missing WEBPRO software

Well a few weeks ago actually I did finally receive a CD with the missing software. A few other things were missing that I was prev unaware. Enough about that.

It was covered by warranty and therefore free of charge, but what a customer service nightmare!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.