HolidayBuyer's Guide

Phones forum

General discussion

Palm TX

by vdegr / November 22, 2005 12:11 AM PST

I entered the wrong name in the Palm TX when I started it. How do I erase the name and enter the correct one. I have done the erase all information step which did not remove the incorrect name

vdegr@aol.com

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Palm TX
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Palm TX
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You didn't tell...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 22, 2005 12:13 AM PST
In reply to: Palm TX

The steps you used. For me, it's that hard reset where you push up on the nav key, hit the reset or power up. Check the docs for the exact sequence.

The name will still exist on the PC so you get to clean that up later.

Bob

Collapse -
Hard Reset Not Your Friend
by bburnham83 / November 27, 2005 3:26 AM PST

Before you ever perform a hard reset, keep in mind that you will lose ALL of the information that is store on your PDA and if you don't name exactly as it was before, you will have a harder time recovering that lost information. The easiest way to change the name on the device is to simply open the Palm Desktop software. Then, click on your USERNAME in the top-right corner of the screen and finally on EDIT. This will bring up a list of all users on your computer. Click on your name and then on RENAME or EDIT and give it the name you wish it to have. If the name is already in use, you will have to choose another name.

Now, if you are trying to restore the PDA after the battery fails or if you had previously hard reset it, you would need to hard reset it yet again and then select a name from the list on the next sync. You will lose all the information on the device so if you have added anything that wasn't on the previous HotSync username, you won't have that informatin.

You can, however, open your Palm Desktop software and export the information from one username and then import it to the new name. This would save you the time of setting up the device and waiting for your restoration sync to complete.

End Scene,
Brandon

Collapse -
re-install
by mattb007 / February 4, 2006 1:38 AM PST

try uninstalling, then re-installing the Palm Desktop software

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.