Phones forum

General discussion

PALM TREO 700P VERIZON or SPRINT?????

by powrbook17 / May 21, 2006 7:53 AM PDT

HI EVERY ONE I AM REALY INTERESTED IN THE PALM TREO 700P. I HAVE A 2 YEAR OLD CELL PHONE FROM VERIZON WIRELESS AND IT IS TIME FOR A NEW GAGET. THE PALM TREO 700P SEEMS TO HAVE EVERYTHING I AM CURENTLY LOOKING FOR IN ONE DEVICE. I WANT A NEW CELL PHONE, I WANT TO CONNECT MY APPLE MACINTOSH POWERBOOK 17INCH TO THE INTERNET WHEN I AM ON THE ROAD. I WANT A GPS SYSTEM WHEN I AM DRIVING AND THE PALM TREO 700P SEEM TO BE ABLE TO DO ALL THAT WITH A FEW EXTRA ADD ON'S FOR GPS OFCOURSE. SO NOW THE QUESTION IS SHOULD I STAY WITH VERIZON OR DEFECT TO SPRINT ? WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES IN INITAL COST FOR THE TREO 700P? WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES IN PRICE FOR SERVICE FOR PHONE / UNLIMITED INTERNET / TETHERING PHONE TO LAPTOP ? WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES IN AVAILABLE APLICATIONS ? WHAT ARE THE DIFERENCES IN THE NETWORKS ? I REALY HATE CONTRACTS. SINCE I AM A CURENT VERIZON WIRELESS USER DO I STILL HAVE TO START A NEW CONTRACT WITH A NEW PALM TREO 700P ? ANY HELP IS MUCH APRECIATED THANKS.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: PALM TREO 700P VERIZON or SPRINT?????
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: PALM TREO 700P VERIZON or SPRINT?????
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I switched over to sprint
by Qosmio / May 21, 2006 10:34 AM PDT

save some money go with sprint.data plans cost less on top of sprints excelent tv servce.get unlimeted internet and a few tv stations streaming at EVDO speed for 20 to 25$

Collapse -
Oh, My eyes!
by John.Wilkinson / May 21, 2006 10:40 AM PDT

Please, for the sake of the eyesight of all readers, watch that Caps lock...it's deadly to the eyes and responders.

Now, for some answers:

1.) Applications are designed for the device, not the network in particular, so software availability is the same for the Treo 700P on a Verizon network as they are for a Treo 700P on a Sprint network.

2.) If you stick with Verizon, you won't have to sign a new contract. However, you'll have to buy the Treo outright...if you want the lower price given to those signing a contract, you'll have to sign a new contract.

3.) To my knowledge, pricing for the Treo 700P is not yet available, so I can't comment on that. However, I will note that Sprint overcharges for their phones more than Verizon does.

4.) Pricing plans and availability vary based on region, so I can't quote exact figures.

5.) I've had many different companies as a result of relocations, and found Sprint to be much more reliable than Verizon, speaking of both the service and support. However, that can also vary based on region, so it's best to ask those from your area about their experiences with both companies.

Hope this helps,
John

Collapse -
Just eight facts and hey some caps as I smile
by Qosmio / May 21, 2006 1:01 PM PDT
In reply to: Oh, My eyes!

1)Verizon data plan start at 40.00$ unlimted
2)Sprints data plans start at 15.00$ unlimted
3)Sprint offers much more to the multi media user
5)Verzion offer next to nothing
6)Sprint gives you the option to share data plans between phones on your on your account for some extra change a month
7)Verzion does not share data plans between phones on your account so your paying 40x2=80.00$ a month
8)My fav is the bandwith issue hmmm some think that verizon is snaking there customers out of bandwith inturn causing a much slower data speed.verzion 700w users you be the judge.

Powrbook17 as the may be facts dont take my word on it.Go to local sprint store and take a look at there rate plans.You then will see how much more they offer over verizon.
HAPPY PDA BUYING-----caps you got to love them John_M

Collapse -
Yeowch.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 21, 2006 11:29 AM PDT

Gads. Please use a mix of upper and lower case and ...

Paragraphs.

Bob

Collapse -
Verizon beats sprint on release
by Qosmio / May 25, 2006 11:26 AM PDT

Verizon gets the a few steps on Sprint.Treo700p on sale by verzion

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?