Phones forum

General discussion

PALM TO TV

by yanks357 / August 11, 2005 12:50 AM PDT

Hi I have the life drive and I frequently watch movies on it. I was just wondering if there was anyway to get what I am playing on my plam to my TV. Maybe through some kind of input output cables. Please offer any advice that you guys might have.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: PALM TO TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: PALM TO TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Don't think so...
by John.Wilkinson / August 11, 2005 5:15 AM PDT
In reply to: PALM TO TV

To my knowledge, there's no way to hook up your LifeDrive to your TV. Even if there is/was a way though, it would probably not look decent at all. Movies can easilly exceed the space available on your 4GB HD (subtract your OS, personal files, etc), so the movie is probably low-quality to begin with, though it looks fine on the PDA's small screen. Plus the LifeDrive's capabilities would be maxed out trying to output the movie fast enough and in a high-enough quality to be acceptable. Unfortunately, at this time, your options are limited to your PDA's screen or a portable DVD player.

Hope this helps,
John

Collapse -
Life Drive....
by chercorm / August 11, 2005 8:25 AM PDT

I'm thinking about buying a Life Drive....how do you get the movies on to the device?

Thanks for your help!

Cheryl Cormier

Collapse -
kinoma producer or pocketdvd for palm
by mtracks / August 19, 2005 11:43 PM PDT
In reply to: Life Drive....

these are the best out there.

just follow the instructions.

you should definitly think about an sd card (256 reccommended, 512 or higher is better)

Collapse -
there isn't any direct way
by ackmondual / August 22, 2005 4:21 AM PDT

indirectly, copy it to your hd, then use tools to turn it into a format your TV can take be it CD, DVD, VHS, or even some setup with winXP Media Center

Collapse -
wireless media
by Viago / August 27, 2005 2:39 PM PDT

i think HP sells a wierless media station that you can hook up to your tv. then with like a wifi dvice or laptop or computer with wifi, conect to it. place/extract files to/from it. but its expensive.

some tvs have media card readers. and theres a device that you can buy, i think at bestbuy that you can hook up to your tv and read memorie cards. as to its functions i dont know.

u can, what i call jerry rig it up.

got a video camera? hook up the rgb cords to tv, then position camera over the screen of the pda....wont be hot but thats one way.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!