Phones forum

General discussion

palm pre vs. htc hero (sprint)

by allrock_8 / December 1, 2009 1:39 AM PST

both phones had great reviews from cnet....can somebody help which phone to get? thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: palm pre vs. htc hero (sprint)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: palm pre vs. htc hero (sprint)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
hold them in your hands first
by Pepe7 / December 1, 2009 4:44 AM PST

Any review will pale compared to testing each one out in person. That's what you have to do to get it right for your particular tastes/requirements. Most of the major carriers are extremely willing to sit you down in the stores and give you the keys to the shop if you are polite. Getting a strong sense of how the keyboards & screens are is really important and can be extremely subjective IME.

That said, for me anyway, both the WebOS and Android are too new so it's a bit of a tossup. I like HTC hardware better based on personal experience, so that would be my only slant in favor of the Hero. Have you tried either the Touch Pro, Touch Diamond or Touch Pro 2 yet? Those are all very capable handsets with better support using Windows Mobile. It's even more important you familiarize yourself with the peculiarities of the various smartphone operating systems before committing to a handset. Android and WebOS have a few more laps to go to catch up to WM IMHO.

Collapse -
Cell phones: palm pre vs. htc hero (sprint)
by BJatSprint / December 2, 2009 11:48 PM PST

Hey allrock, my name is BJ DeHut and I am representing Sprint as your online SprintCareGuide. Both the Pre and Hero are our top phones, so it is no surprise you are unsure between those specifically. It really comes down to what you are looking for; the biggest difference users might tell you about the phones is the keyboard. The HTC Hero uses a virtual keyboard only, while the Palm Pre uses both physical and virtual keyboard. I would suggest taking advantage of the Sprint Ready Now program, you can go to your local store and have the reps give you a ?tour? on the handsets and answer any questions. This way you?ll be able to make your decision based of experience.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?