Phones forum

General discussion

Palm ique 3600 / Win 7 64bit - Help!!!

by jcd3381 / September 6, 2013 12:12 AM PDT

I have been reading and doing all day with limited success getting my Palm desktop SW loaded and synced.

- I cannot load Palm Desk top v4.1.4 (or any variation of that. Always ends with "internal error 2878"

I can install desktop v6.2 and I found the USB driver from aceeca.com which enables HotSync on Win 7 64BIT platforms, GREAT!

But, after successfully doing HotSync, there is no data imported from my Garmin Palm Pilot to the address, task, date, to do's on the desk top. The backup files are copied, the database files are in my palm folders but no data on the desktop? I am an experienced palmer (I have tried everything I know changing the sync settings in applications to handheld etc.). It is very strange to me. the HotSync appears to be perfect with no errors but my desk top doesn't get populated but my PDA has all the data....

I find it interesting that after my first HotSync I look at the HotSync Manager, applications and find Address, Date ,Memo and To Do all un-checked. I check them to sync (and try handheld overwrites desktop) do another sync (takes a little longer on the steps syncing these so I think its working) HotSync success but no data on my desktop???

Can anybody help me?

PDA:
Garmin ique 3600 OS version 5.2.1r4
HoySync v5.0

HP laptop Pavilion g series
Win 7 64BIT
Palm desktop Access v6.2
HotSync Manager v7.0.2

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Palm ique 3600 / Win 7 64bit - Help!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Palm ique 3600 / Win 7 64bit - Help!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Not really
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 6, 2013 12:23 AM PDT

While I wrote and maintain some Palm apps I no longer offer support. But it sounds like the sync settings are off. As in what you checked into.

However I find that we must exit the Palm Desktop before doing a sync if the sync is not the bog standard sync. As the now non-standard hotsync might update the Palm Desktop software but forget to notify the Palm Desktop software of the data change. The data may change in the files but we must not be running the Palm Desktop software during sync.

All this aside, I did continue to sync over bluetooth without any issue as noted at http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6140_102-399233.html
Bob

Collapse -
Thanks... I wish it were seo easy...
by jcd3381 / September 6, 2013 6:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Not really

I have tried sync with Palm DT closed, no help. I am thinking v6,2 is not compatible with my device. I wish I could get past the windows error code when loading v4.1.4 DT. The sync handshake seems quite normal with v6.2 and I get messages on both ends that it was a success. I have also right clicked on the DT icon, selected open as also no help. Anyone else have an idea?

Collapse -
Sorry
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 7, 2013 4:29 AM PDT

But as I got BlueTooth sync back up I didn't investigate other solutions.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?