Phones forum

General discussion

Palm Centro vs. T-Mobile Dash

Hey guys, I'm looking to replace my old T609 with a smartphone for t-mobile. My contract doesnt expire til january and I need a new phone now so I'm looking for something I can pick up relatively cheap and probably slightly used. If I buy the Dash, I know it will work well with t-mobile since thats its designated carrier. To get a centro I would be buying an unlocked AT&T centro and then using a freeware app to hide the unwanted AT&T applications (such as AT&T Music and stuff like that - can you just delete those apps?). I want to know which phone you guys would reccommend, if any of you have owned either of these. I wouldnt be buying a data plan so the wifi on the Dash would be nice for internet. However, I really like the threaded texting on the centro (I have unlimited texting and would like to put the qwerty to work) and I don't want to have my Dash get messed up trying to upload WM6.1 to it or anything like that. Is it pretty foolproof to put 6.1 on? As well, I have owned an old palm before and using the centro in the store, I really like the easy to use to-do list, memo pad, and calendar apps - dated? probably. effective? definitely. I wasn't really feelin windows mobile when I used it - seemed slow and overly complicated - I dont like looking through what should be my apps and seeing numerous folders, some even labeled "applications"... Maybe it just takes some getting used to? I also like the touch screen on the centro, makes certain things easier and its just more added functionality. I would mainly use the phone for light organizing tasks, texting, and entertainment. I know Windows Mobile is supposedly better for multimedia - in what way? I would like to i guess have a few MP3's on the phone although my ipod is good enough for that - I would definitely like to have decent video though if at all possible. As long as its not too much of a hassle to convert it all. Basically, as I'm ranting at this point, which would you reccommend, the WM6 Dash or the Palm Centro? Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Palm Centro vs. T-Mobile Dash
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Palm Centro vs. T-Mobile Dash
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Neither. Get a Blackberry Curve.

In reply to: Palm Centro vs. T-Mobile Dash

I have had many phones. I'm a true gadget nut! I can say that I love my Curve. It does everything well. E-mail is flawless. the phone is small and very easy to navigate and use. you won't go wrong with it.

Collapse -
Centro

In reply to: Palm Centro vs. T-Mobile Dash

While the Dash has a better keypad, the Centro has the Palm OS instead of the convoluted Windows Mobile 6. Also, the touch screen is nice, and I think the Centro has a better screen. I felt the dash had a lackluster and dim washed out display. Also the silver on black is so over. We want COLOR! If you want Wi-Fi, I would go with the Dash. Also, if you are looking at the unlocked Centro to put on T-Mobile, you won't get MyFaves. I am leaning towards the Centro, but it is up to you

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.