Phones forum

General discussion

Pairing Samsung WEP200 with Samsung A920

by saketkapur / September 11, 2006 3:18 PM PDT

The Samsung A920 website reccomends this bluetooth headset so I went ahead and got it.
However the phone is not discovering the device at all so not able to pair it. I wait for the light to turn steady blue but it is still not able to see the headset.
Is there I am doing something wrong?Is there any setting I am supposed to take care of or a certain way in which I am supposed to pair the device.
Help guys or this investment seems like a total waste.
I am disappointed in both the phone and now the headset.
regards
Saket

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Pairing Samsung WEP200 with Samsung A920
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Pairing Samsung WEP200 with Samsung A920
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
An answer to your pairing issue
by arnstrb / October 9, 2006 10:50 AM PDT

I found this on a search and it worked.

Here's what confused me at first: at this stage you turn on the WEP200 so it can be seen by the phone. But, the normal mode of turning on the WEP (Hold main button down until blue light flashes) is NOT the proper mode for the setup communication needed for this first step. I spent a few frustrated minutes trying to get the phone to See the WEP with no success until I decided to read the instructions again. And this time really pay attention.

Now I realized that I needed to HOLD the Main WEP button down until the blue light Stayed on. AHHHHH! The WEP200 is now in PAIRING MODE!

At this point, I went to the phone's Tools/Bluetooth menu to ADD a New Device and had it Search and NOW it Found the WEP200 with not much effort. It listed the WEP by name and I confirmed by typing in a passcode (supplied with the documentation) and, Voila!, the WEP200 was Connected!

Collapse -
pairing wep200 with sony ericsson w810i
by wep200 / August 16, 2007 2:31 AM PDT

Hi

I lost my user guide of wep200 bluetooth headset and i am unable 2 pair it to my new phone by model w810i of sony ericsson. Could anyone help me in the following issue.

Thanks in Advance.
Raghav.

Collapse -
wep200
by bmagdala / September 6, 2007 10:25 AM PDT

Yessss, thanks alot

Collapse -
Can't pair samsung wep-200 with my Blackjack
by Dawaxxblueteef / October 8, 2007 2:49 PM PDT

I just brought the bluetooth head set off some one who didn't like it.Since I have the blackjack i figure since the blackjack made by samsung and it's bluetooth compatiable I shouldn't have any issues. But I dont have manual and I need the passcode(after reading this forum) for the device and samsung don't have the manual for it. Can some one give me the passcode to this headset. Or I just just wasted 20 buck

Collapse -
WEP 200
by freddiec12 / November 3, 2007 4:07 PM PDT

Yes, I to lost the documentation for the WEP 200, hence , I am unable to pair it to my new Blackberry 8830.

Can anyone provide the code for pairing???

I like the WEP 200 on my Samsung phone, but had to upgrade and had already lost the user's guide...

Thanks,

Kruger...

Collapse -
Pass code
by mclennbr / November 4, 2007 11:43 PM PST
In reply to: WEP 200

For everyone that is looking for passcodes for their headsets, it should be four Zero's (0000) or six Zero's (000000) depending on the device your using as well as the headset.

Good luck to all
~B

Collapse -
thanks
by kotagiridileep / October 10, 2008 5:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Pass code

thanks for the passcode.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!