Phones forum

General discussion

pairing bluetooth phone to lexus

by adrsimel / October 7, 2004 3:44 PM PDT

please let me know if SE-P910 or motorola razr v3 suport "hendsfree" profile to pair with lexus bluetooth navigation sistem.
thanks,
andrei

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: pairing bluetooth phone to lexus
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: pairing bluetooth phone to lexus
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: pairing bluetooth phone to lexus
by Murray_G / November 24, 2004 1:14 AM PST

did u ever get a response? My boss has same problem with pairing bluetooth to Lexus.

Collapse -
Lexus RX330 Bluetooth connection
by jerryfloor / January 31, 2005 7:17 AM PST

Has anyone found the cell phone the has full functionality with the Lexus Bluetooth setup? So far, I've failed at being able to download the phone book from the phone to the Lexus.

Jerry

Collapse -
Lexus RX330 Bluetooth frustration
by dcintron / March 9, 2005 10:40 AM PST

I have had the same exact problem. When I purchased my Lexus, the dealer gave me a list of compatable phones. I chose the Motorola V-710 because it was the only one my provider, Verizon, carried. I have gone round and round with them and Motorola and I still can't transfer the phonebook. Now Verizon tells me it is not compatable with Lexus. I went on the Lexus website and it linked me to letstalk.com. It provided me with what are supposed to be Lexus compatable phone, none of them are with my Verizon provider. I've called the providers (Congular/At&T) and the cellphone manufactureers (SonyEricsson & Nokia) and NO ONE can guarantee that their product will be able to transfer my cell phone book to my Lexus. So, if ANYONE knows a phone that IS FULLY COMPATABLE WITH A LEXUS, and WILL DOWNLOAD THE PHONE BOODK, PLEASE tell me. I AM SO FRUSTRATED!!

Collapse -
lexus and verizon
by selllist / August 30, 2005 12:28 PM PDT

I just purchased a lexus and am wondering if there is a ciompatible Verizon bluetooth cellular phone that works with the navigstion system. Thanks in advance for your time. reneegast@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Compatibility
by jdodig / August 30, 2005 11:58 PM PDT
In reply to: lexus and verizon

Hi,
I'm not sure what you are asking, but I also just bought a Lexus SC430 and the only phone that works with Verizon is my E815. There are a couple of other Motorola models that work as well. The BIG problem is that NONE of them will allow you to transfer your phone book to your car if you use Verizon service.

John

Collapse -
REgarding your question!
by THEGREATONE / September 13, 2005 5:46 AM PDT

Yes...the Verison V710 OR THE 810 WILL WORK...ALTHOUGH IT DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO TRANSFER INFORMATION OVER...YOU NEED TO GET WITH YOU SALES ASSOCIATE AND HAVE THEM HELP YOU WITH GETTING YOUR CONTACTS TRANSFERED OVER...

Collapse -
Re: REgarding your question
by Dick1234 / November 9, 2005 5:24 AM PST

No one can help you transfer the contacts. It is impossible with an Verizon phone. You would have to put them on a Lexus approved phone (that transfers contacts), such as Cingular or T-Mobile send them and then go get a Verizon phone...

Collapse -
blame verizon
by owenslip / October 20, 2005 12:41 AM PDT

I have done some research. Verizon locks down the bluetooth functionality of their phones to only allow headset pairing. To use the data transfer with a computer you have to use Verizon software. To my knowledge, T-Mobile nor Cingular does this to their phones.

Collapse -
Lexus and Verizon phonebook workaround
by conniebtennis / November 8, 2005 11:31 PM PST
In reply to: blame verizon

If you are a Verizon customer and want your phonebook loaded into your Lexus , you can do it in a roundabout way. I purchased a used Cingular phone (Ebay $30) and loaded my phonebook into the used Cingular phone. I then paired the Cingular phone with the Lexus AND LIKE MAGIC IT LOADED THE PHONEBOOK. You can then pair your Verizon phone and it will see the phonebook loaded from the Cingular phone. It appears that Lexus cars have a singular phonebook not a separate one for each phone paired with the car. Try it, it works.

Collapse -
Cingular phone for Lexus/Verizon work around
by pschn / November 8, 2005 11:56 PM PST

I understand the concept of the Cingular Blue Tooth phone as a way to load the phone book, one entry at a time into the Lexus.

However I also understand that you would also have to activate the phone and sign a contract for service. Is this true? If not how did you send the entry.

Paul

Collapse -
Workaround for Verizon users
by conniebtennis / November 9, 2005 3:54 AM PST

No, I did not activate the phone. The phonebook loads all at one time. The Cingular phone requires a SIM card to work, so you will need that.

Collapse -
WORK AROUND FOR VERIZON USING CINGULAR (LEXUS)
by pschn / November 14, 2005 10:05 PM PST

HOW DID YOU DO THE WHOLE PHONEBOOK AT ONCE?

Collapse -
Bluetooth? Lexus rx400H
by sydad / November 10, 2005 9:51 PM PST

What about the Lexus RX400H? Any idea if it would work?

Collapse -
Rx400H
by conniebtennis / November 13, 2005 9:06 PM PST

The workaround works in my Rx400H.

Collapse -
lexus 400h
by rapicard / November 14, 2005 12:33 AM PST
In reply to: Rx400H

hi

can you tell me what phone you linked and what service, verizon?

and if verizon can you tell me the work around. I can't do it with mine as yet.

thanks

Collapse -
workaround
by sydad / November 24, 2005 9:59 PM PST
In reply to: Rx400H

Can you tell me a little more about the workaround? Does it affect my Verizon service in any way? How much did the bluetooth (company) cost? etc.

Sy

Collapse -
RX 400h - Treo 650
by fine123 / January 8, 2006 4:54 AM PST

I followed the instructions and it worked! I'm thrilled. I haven't attempted to fill the phonebook but I'm thrilled when my phone rings and I can answer from the steering wheel. The sound quality is exellent.

Collapse -
Lexus 400H and Bluetooth
by mmmbas / January 15, 2006 5:00 AM PST

Mine works beautifully with a Moto Razr v3 and Cingular. I get a clear speaking voice over the stereo system and the caller can hear me very well. I understand that you CANNOT use Verizon because they have disabled many Bluetooth features. The only downside is that you have to load your phone booth one entry at a time but if people call you, their data can be entered with the touch of a button. Good luck!

Collapse -
Phone book download to Lexus
by pschn / November 13, 2005 2:23 AM PST

Thanks again for your information on this subject, and for your prompt previous reply.

I got my hands on a Cingular Blue Tooth phone and loaded some contacts into it. It's a borrowed phone.

It seems I can only download the contacts one at a time to the Lexus phone book.

Were you able to download the entire phone book, all at once? If you were able to, please give me some detalils on how you did it.

Thanks for your help.

Paul

Collapse -
Cellular phone with Lexus and Verizon service
by pjardieu / November 26, 2005 12:20 AM PST

Which Cellular phone (manufacturer and model number) did you pick up from ebay?

Collapse -
phone type
by jkastrop / December 17, 2005 11:25 AM PST

What kind of phone did you use? Did it have a sim card or did you have to buy separately?
Thanks

Collapse -
Phone type
by dnell1959 / December 20, 2005 11:51 AM PST
In reply to: phone type

I bought a Treo 650. My carrier is Sprint. I did not have to buy any additional cards but I do use the palm card 128 for additional memory - just to use for my audio books.

I used the instructions someone else posted in CNET and changed the password in the car to 0000.

I can only load my phone book or contact list one at a time but I don't want all of my contacts in car phone book anyway.

Collapse -
lexus bluetooth and sprint
by cjeanr56 / January 4, 2006 3:05 AM PST
In reply to: Phone type

You were able to get a sprint phone to work with the lexus? How so?

Collapse -
Sim Card?
by swynford / December 27, 2005 10:33 AM PST

You replied to someone thast you did not have to activate your Cingular phone but that you needed a sim card. How do you get that?

Collapse -
Sim Card
by pschn / December 28, 2005 1:18 AM PST
In reply to: Sim Card?

I received my phone from a company that repairs broken phones and I was given a sim card. I was lucky that I knew someone.

If I needed a sim card I would look in the yellow pages for mobil phone repair or used mobil phones.
Check with the cingular store for either used or new sim cards. Find out how much they are. I they will not sell you one, find a friend with Cingular service and try theirs. If it works, then have your friend buy it. Be sure to have your friend take the sim card out of the phone before going to the store.

Collapse -
sim card?
by swynford / December 28, 2005 1:33 AM PST
In reply to: Sim Card

Thanks for the suggestions. I never would have thought of repair shops.

Collapse -
sim card
by jkastrop / January 2, 2006 7:22 AM PST
In reply to: Sim Card?

I bought a used cingular/ATT phone on Ebay and kept shopping until I found one that offered the sim card with it. I put all my contacts in it. Never activated the phone. Now am on my way to buy a new verizon bluetooth phone to see if the workaround works in my rx330. Have high hopes. Sim cards are also on EBAy

Collapse -
I will try this! Interesting Note.
by kkhancock / January 2, 2006 10:23 PM PST
In reply to: sim card

Hi, I too have a Lexus (a 2006 400h) and have spent the past 6 months trying to figure this out. I have a Motorola v710 and am locked into a corporate Verizon plan. My Master's thesis was in Bluetooth technology so naturally I was excited to download my phonebook and use the tech to its greatest ability. But, NOOOOOO! I did some reasearch and found that Verizon has partnered with a company named Remoba (see www.Remoba.com) to develope iPhonebook. For a monthly fee, you can download your phonebook to your PC and to your car. So, why would Verizon enable the OBEX features (which they currently disable making it impossible to download your phonebook), when they can get suckers to pay a monthly fee to do it? I think the class-action suit in California should be expanded across the country. (Any attorneys want to take this on?) Well, "good luck," (as Verizon's Customer Service reps say.) Also check out www.handsfreeforyou.com - they are only in CA but will download your phonebook for you by going to your location - since I am in NJ, they had some useful tips when I contacted them. Kim

Collapse -
Sim Card
by drtemme / January 30, 2006 12:23 PM PST
In reply to: sim card

I would be curious if this worked. I have a motorola e815 from verizon. Phone works but no phone book.

Collapse -
Sim Card
by pschn / January 30, 2006 11:36 PM PST
In reply to: Sim Card

A sim card does not work with a Motorola 815 from Verizon. There is no place to put the card in that phone. It appears to be intentional be V.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?