Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Page cannot be displayed Hoyle Online Games

OS XP (in properties it does not show either sp1 or sp2)

I'm asking this for a friend who is having trouble accessing the actual online games http://hoylegames.sierra.com/ after he has signed up and registered. When he does, he receives the error message, Page cannot be displayed.

When I went to their help page, this was mentioned as a possible cause for this error message.....
If you have a firewall installed, you may want to first disable it before accessing the Hoyle Online web site (If you are using Windows XP, check to make sure that the native firewall that is installed with this operating system is disabled)......

When he checked, the native firewall was disabled. He has no router.

He did mention a pop up blocker showing up. Could this be the reason or is there any other solution you could suggest?

Thanks,
Lee

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Page cannot be displayed Hoyle Online Games
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Page cannot be displayed Hoyle Online Games
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Page cannot be displayed Hoyle Online Games

In reply to: Page cannot be displayed Hoyle Online Games

I doubt that your friend's PC doen't have a firewall. If native XP's IC Firewall isn't used and also she doesn't have a firewalled router, maybe she has Zone Larm or Norton's Persoanl Firewall, etc. So, for this kind of firewalls the FAQ page says for Norton/Symantec Firewall, you should configure it to allow access for the "wonplay.exe" file.

Good Luck,

Cetin

Trying to unweave, unwind, unravel
And piece together the past and the future,

T. S. Eliot

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: Page cannot be displayed Hoyle Online Games

Thanks Cetin.
I did ask if they had any other firewalls installed, and the reply was no. I think the computer is used mainly for playing online games, so they know even less than I do if that's possible, lol.
Is there a search that can be done to see if there is a firewall causing this? They said they have Norton's, but only Antivirus.

Lee

Collapse -

OK Mz Lee, tell them to:

1. Download Windows Manual Download and Installation Instructions for the Java2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (JRE).

The next link is for Microsoft Java Virtual Machine (VM) 5.00.3810 and I gave it only for reference.

2. Goto the Port scan page and run the probe. It'll show the open ports.

After that, compare with the port requirements for hoylegames site.

You are welcome and "Good Luck",

Cetin

Trying to unweave, unwind, unravel
And piece together the past and the future,

T. S. Eliot

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Tyvm..he tried all the fixes and it worked!!

Collapse -

In reply to: Page cannot be displayed Hoyle Online Games

i play poker in seira and xp pro sp2 za firewall google toolbar.
does he/she have java?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.