Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Packed and ready to go

by MarciaB / September 23, 2004 12:04 AM PDT

Well, I am packed and ready to head out for my exciting Sweepstakes vacation!! Happy

We are leaving this evening to go to Klamath Falls, Oregon. Our flight leaves at 7AM tomorrow; we go to Portland first then on to Vegas. We should be landing there around Noon tomorrow, then check in at the Bellagio.

Friday night we see the Cirque du Soleil production of "O" at the Bellagio.
Saturday night is ZZ Top at the Hilton.
Sunday night is Vegas at Night in a helicopter (will be my first time in one!)
Monday is a 1/2 day tour through the Valley of Fire.
Tuesday is the big one: 10 hours! Grand Canyon, helicopter to the bottom (yikes!), boat ride on the Colorado, West Rim of the Canyon, Hoover Dam, etc. We will be exhausted after that one, I'm positive!!
Wednesday & Thursday also include 1/2 day tours to surrounding areas. We may nix the Thursday one as it is not one I am all that excited about, and that will be our last full day there.
We should arrive back in Klamath Falls around 3:30PM on Friday 10/1.

I will let y'all know we've arrived home safely afterward. Please throw a prayer or two for safety my direction. Happy

Take care everyone!!
Your SE friend,
Marcia

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Packed and ready to go
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Packed and ready to go
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Have fun:))
by Glenda / September 23, 2004 12:27 AM PDT
In reply to: Packed and ready to go
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Guaranteed! Thanks, Sue :)
by MarciaB / September 23, 2004 12:33 AM PDT
In reply to: (NT) Have fun:))
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Pics, when you get back! Don't forget us:))
by Glenda / September 23, 2004 12:35 AM PDT
Collapse -
Re: Packed and ready to go
by Mark5019 / September 23, 2004 12:48 AM PDT

wow wow wow

zztop cirqe speeled it wrong but im so wishing you a great time

Collapse -
ZZ has always been a favorite
by MarciaB / September 23, 2004 12:56 AM PDT

What a treat for me when I found out they would be at the Vegas Hilton while I was there!! I love it when I go to a concert and I know the words to the songs Happy

Thanks for your good wishes, Mark,
Take care of yourself,
--Marcia

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
by jonah jones / September 23, 2004 12:58 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thanks, Jonah - I plan to make the best of it :)
by MarciaB / September 23, 2004 1:04 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Re: Bon Voyage'
by MKay / September 23, 2004 1:12 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thanks, Mary Kay
by MarciaB / September 23, 2004 1:27 AM PDT
In reply to: (NT) Re: Bon Voyage'
Collapse -
Re: Packed and ready to go
by John Robie / September 23, 2004 1:17 AM PDT

My kinda gal...taking a boat ride on the Colorado in the Grand Canyon...WILD!!

Gee, very busy schedule, but you may find a few minutes to gamble.

Is that Sweepstakes paying for everything except the ZZ Tops? I remember you winning and getting a camera some months back.

Have a good one Marcia, and wish I was with y'all.

Collapse -
Thanks, JR
by MarciaB / September 23, 2004 1:36 AM PDT

Actually, everything is paid for except any incidentals we may wish to purchase. I was allowed to choose two Vegas shows to attend with a limit of something like $500 each. The production of "O" will come close to that, but ZZ Top is less. I just wanted to see them, so didn't care Happy

I did get a camera - Fuji FinePix S7000 - along with a bunch of accessories and software. I purchased a 512MB card to go with that one, as well as an extra 128MB card for the Nikon CoolPix 990 that I already had. I also received $1,000 in spending money.

I'm not a really big gambler because I have never had the money to do so, but I enjoy it, in particular Blackjack. I hope to find a table or two that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg to make a bet! Happy

Like I told my two boys - If I had known that I was going to win something the day I entered this sweepstakes, I would have gone to the local store and bought a lottery ticket!! LOL I wish I could take everyone with me! I will just have to try and have a good enough time to make up for it. Wink

--Marcia

Collapse -
OH! Forgot, try to catch the downtown
by John Robie / September 23, 2004 6:38 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks, JR

Freemont street light/sound show that runs overhead for 5-6 blocks if you have never been to Vegas. I go on every visit as they change frequently.

If first visit take some nitro heart pills as Vegas will simply over-thrill you. I've been going every year since the early 60's and it still gets my heart pounding with excitement (course I wouldn't want to live there and will never ride that coaster atop the needle tower). Also visit Circus-Circus in the back to see what great entertainment for the kids if you should ever bring them.

Collapse -
The light show is on my list of *must-sees*
by MarciaB / September 23, 2004 7:14 AM PDT

As far as the heart pills .......... my boyfriend is a Registered Nurse (was a Corpsman in 'Nam also). I think I will rely on him to "protect me" - a little mouth-to-mouth never hurts things! Wink

--Marcia

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Re: Sounds Terrific Marcia. Have a great time.
by Rolway / September 23, 2004 4:37 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I will, George. Thanks :)
by MarciaB / September 23, 2004 5:32 AM PDT
Collapse -
Re: Packed and ready to go -- Have a blast!
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / September 23, 2004 4:44 AM PDT
Collapse -
Lucky is right, Dave!
by MarciaB / September 23, 2004 5:35 AM PDT

I continue to say I'll believe it's all real when I actually see it come true! Happy

It's going to be incredible!!

--Marcia

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Have great fun, and take pictures! :-)
by Cindi Haynes / September 23, 2004 6:19 AM PDT
Collapse -
Lots and Lots of Pictures!!
by MarciaB / September 23, 2004 7:33 AM PDT

This IS a photo tour sweepstakes, and they DID give me a new camera. That, IMO, is my license to fill up those memory cards to the brim!! Wink

Hope y'all don't end up banning me after my return because I have bored everyone to tears with stories and pictures!! LOL

Collapse -
My last post until I return
by MarciaB / September 23, 2004 7:55 AM PDT

Big huge THANK YOU's to everyone's good wishes.

I also wish you all well during the next week.

"See" ya' soon!

--Marcia

Collapse -
Have a great trip!
by Paul C / September 23, 2004 10:36 AM PDT

Although I couldn't help but noticing that they're keeping you so busy that you might not be able to make the required "donation" to the local economy; you know, the one that occurs over a green felt table or in front of one of those strange one-armed little idols that are scattered all over town? Wink

Collapse -
My envy, and have some fun. :)
by James Denison / September 23, 2004 2:46 PM PDT
Happy
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Have fun, and a safe trip, don't forget to breathe.
by Roger NC / September 24, 2004 2:04 AM PDT

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!