Desktops forum

General discussion

packard bell onetwo l5861 touchscreen problem

by homerclone69 / June 26, 2012 6:46 AM PDT

Hi
I have the above machine with windows 7 core i5 etc problem i have is the touchsreen will not respond.the screen has no damage to it and is all connected to pcb etc.The system sayes 2 or more touch screen avalible and no hardware conflicts are shown in device manager.
any ideas please?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: packard bell onetwo l5861 touchscreen problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: packard bell onetwo l5861 touchscreen problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Check and verify
by Willy / June 26, 2012 10:53 PM PDT

You should reload the driver for the "touch screen" segment of its operation or related driver. However, if this is a recent fault, then at least try using a "restore point" to date when the problem didn't exist. If the problem goes away, then some updated driver or corrupted one maybe at fault. You can also use the "repair mode" during the boot-up and see if that helps to correct minor start-up or OS faults. I do exclude any true h/w fault, as the display still relies on touch screen option to work at its basic level. Report back your results for possible further help. Also, provide what model# this is from the product label/decal itself NOT the logo badge.

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
have done what you said
by homerclone69 / June 27, 2012 7:56 AM PDT
In reply to: Check and verify
http://s1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh565/dumb691/
click this is photo of my device manager and system showing touchscreen.
i have done three full factory restores and windows 7 updates to sevice pack 1.
i think its a driver fault but cant seem to find a driver just for touchscreen from packard bell.have tried chip set driver etc.but you would think factory restore would fix it?
screen 100% no damage
product no.s
packard bell onetwo L17526 uk 27/3/2011
pwu6ce20811120ae963000
Collapse -
Hardware fault vs. software
by Willy / June 27, 2012 8:50 PM PDT

Yes, I agree returning or reloading 100% should have corrected the issue if some s/w glitch. Thus, it maybe more on the h/w side. Either a true failure or possible connection problem. Since, this is an AIO type PC, a tear down to check those connections, even reseating the touchscreen related areas are required. If that simple fix doesn't do it then that further suggests some small PCB or related item has failed. If there is some warranty, then use that before any actual tear down to NOT exclude you from warranty service. Otherwise, user or repair shop fix. This is not a common item to find parts for, though if you know what to purchase to resolve getting anything besides any PB factory stocks. Google away if you decide to repair what it takes. After doing the above it maybe more h/w than anything, you know what's cut out for you.

Provided during anytime of the OS reload even just the 1st restore not the final recovery and updates, etc., never produce any touchscreen action, then again it suggests possible h/w fault. Review your manual or any location of touchscreen area to check. At present no manual myself to review, PB is very hidden support.

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
:-(
by homerclone69 / June 30, 2012 6:58 AM PDT

Hi Willy
Thanks for your reply.Today i striped whole pc down to its very last peice i made sure all conections were made to touch screen and touchscreen control board plus lcd connection and then rebuilt pc.i deciced to do a complete windows install to factory settings.It now still has the same fault with the touch screen.as the screen looks in good condition i think it might be the touch screen control board pcb.i rang packard bell they say part is obsolete!!! its a 2011 pc!!. so i have upload pics of the pcb and the numbers on the board below including packard bell part no.so if any body knows how i could get one please let me know
please
packard bell aio converter board part no.19.u6b01.001
on thev board DYnamic nm0-u0
datq3gth4b0
rev :b
tq3m10520153
3ftq3cb00a0
photo link
http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh565/dumb691/P1000195.jpg

Collapse -
I suspect...
by Willy / June 30, 2012 10:16 AM PDT
In reply to: :-(

Sorry to read it doesn't want to cooperate. As i stated it appears to be a h/w fault. Since, you have this broken down, be 100% sure to inspect the components for any obvious damage., especially the touchscreen pcb board with a magnifying glass. . When it comes to ordering parts, google away. Enter the PN# or check for PB repair sources to order from. Otherwise, the flip-side is to order some used PC of similar model# and hope for a good deal. Review the manual to see what is what if they point out certain boards, etc., to logically determine or test.

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
hope someone can help
by homerclone69 / June 30, 2012 11:30 PM PDT
In reply to: I suspect...

I looked at board and no signs on damage/heat etc.Have googled it with no luck!?Have emailed a few repair shop and no luck so far.just got to hope some reads this and knows of a new board

link to photo just incase
<a href="http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh565/dumb691/P1000195.jpg" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"><font color="#2964bf">http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh565/dumb691/P1000195.jpg</font></a>
thanks
mark

Collapse -
Solder joints
by Willy / July 1, 2012 12:53 AM PDT
In reply to: hope someone can help

Not that it is your case, but "bad solder joints" are known to exist. This details that a poor solder job or from "hot&cold creep broke the contact at the solder joint. Retouching with a proper soldering iron flows the solder and remakes the contact. If that's a cause, then simply touch solder joints.

FYI- Take a "steady picture" in order to best provide them, as close-ups then to blur easily even on minor blow-up of screen. Brace or mount camera to steady it. Wink

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
getting closer
by homerclone69 / August 5, 2012 6:39 AM PDT
In reply to: Solder joints

Just an update for anyone with the same problem.I could not get hold of a new touch screen control board and packard bell/acer were no help at all.But i managed to buy a sh touch screen display and fitted it.The touch screen works but is way out on calibration win7 calibration tool no use.the cusor is about 1 inch away from finger tip and if you press and move finger from bottom to top of screen the cusor jumps about 4 inches to left then returns to finger when you get 3 inches from top of the screen.
any thoughts?
i have reinstalled windows with full factory restore ie alt + f10 on start up full recovery.
i have used my restore disks as well.
i have cleaned the screen fully.
please help driving me insane now!

Collapse -
How is this all hooked-up?
by Willy / August 5, 2012 10:44 AM PDT
In reply to: getting closer

Well, it seems you replaced the touchscreen but is it the right type(dpi). They're not all the same as in true one-for-one point, it may simply differ. Here, you have to review the specs, etc.. if you mean you used some video port and then simply attached the new display, then here you play with the setting. be sure under the setting that you're addressing that actual new display. You treat this as the 2nd monitor within the video manager s/w in order to set it all up. At the same time, even though the old monitor is present and not displaying it could be driving the video out of bounds, problems and all. I'll check you're YouTube link as posted and come back with more details as I see them as I'm on a slow www now. ------Willy Shocked

Collapse -
Support for new screen
by Willy / August 6, 2012 4:18 AM PDT
In reply to: getting closer

Well, i would install the drivers or the .INF file to best address your new touchscreen product. that way you know its setup correctly or at least should be. Who makes your new touchscreen, thus visit their support website and see if any calibration app or s/w is possible as well to make this a true proper install.

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
thanks for your help willy
by homerclone69 / August 6, 2012 7:04 AM PDT
In reply to: Support for new screen

The replacement screen is like for like same model no. etc its made by lg.I have hooked it up to the packard bell l5861 but machine is stripped out so you cant really tell from the video.i cant find a dedicated driver for the touch screen even on the packard bell website with packard bell detecting my system.i belive it uses the windows 7 touchscreen drivers and calibration tools (but i will look into it again).i see hp do there own calibration software for its screens do you think i could use this one or not? my head says no but i know very little about the touch screen tech.
Thanks for you time
mark

Collapse -
It's your baby
by Willy / August 6, 2012 11:30 AM PDT

You can use any practical s/w provided its within specs. I tried to find a "generic calibration tool" but these seem to be for smaller pads or Android based systems. The idea is the same but it has to fulfill the specs, otherwise it will never settle down. Why not check the LG website for anything. PB isn't going to provide anything that's not their product, thus LG visit.

You'be bastardized this PC, you're becoming the support as things progress and its not uncommon to settle for less than expected. You'll be fine-tuning this until the right tools are at hand.

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
When I read "no help" I am left to guess
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 5, 2012 6:47 AM PDT

Are you writing that this company does not offer any repair services for this model?

Or are you asking them to help you without paying?
Bob

Collapse -
Video link of new problem :-(
by homerclone69 / August 5, 2012 9:00 AM PDT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE8BHvfRYqo&feature=youtu.be
check out last few seconds when i touch the screen with my other hand cursor jumps back to correct position very strange!

Bob i got in contact with packard bell gave them the part number for part i required from there in the field replacement parts book.only to be told this part is no longer avalible and to send the machine back to them to repair at my cost plus carraige to return pc.But if part is nolonger avalible how would they fix it?machine was made november 2011 so not that old but i am aware that tech moves on very fast nowdays.
I am out of work and trying my best to fix this myself to be honest. i am trained to comptia but have never had anything to do with touch screens!
Collapse -
Ahh, that I've heard before.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 5, 2012 9:11 AM PDT

There are FRU parts that are only available for in house repairs. Once the parts inventory hits a critical lever we stop over the counter sales of those parts so we can fix what is sent in for repair.

You may be trained in comptia but these repair systems are usually foreign to many. That is, while I know a bit about them, your average joe gets upset a bit too easy when we go over how things work.
Bob

Collapse -
Different stock wares = X-numbers of parts
by Willy / August 5, 2012 10:52 AM PDT

Since, I've worked at depot level or refurb factory shops, I would check actual stock, see none, move over to engineering field repair stores, find none, goto the junk or returned piles and rape for parts, leave tag of removed part. There the system works or not to the outside world. Sometimes, there is nothing to get for high turn-over items/wares. You'll be surprised at the need for the simplest items. -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
Thanks for that story.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 5, 2012 2:40 PM PDT

I like stories like that. Sometimes it's mission impossible. Just 2 months ago I had one of those. I was on a business trip and some custom board was used in some odd system. My background included that design so we arranged for some lab time at a local company I knew and made no promises. Cost for the day? Only a few thousand but to replace the system would be have in 6 figures.

In the PC world those refurb shops have miracle workers and more to get it working again.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!