HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

P2570 Samsung Monitor Product Details and Comparison

by djplayedya / July 30, 2009 8:06 AM PDT

Hello. I'm looking to buy either the P2370HD, P2570, or the P2570HD. Here's my situation: I need a very good computer display outputted through DVI, and I sometimes play the PS3 on my monitor too, so I'll need a pretty good HDMI picture. I've read some of the very few online P2570 reviews, and I'm a bit concerned with one stating that when outputting through the HDMI connection, he experienced pretty significant picture problems. Has anyone else had that problem?

Also, on Samsung.com's website, I'd like to compare the product details of the P2570 with the P2570HD, however the P2570 is not listed on their website. I'm concerned with the depth of the HD version being over 9 inches. I assume that the regular P2570 is slimmer, but I'd like to know how slim it is because my desk is relatively shallow. Can someone please provide me with these details and/or provide a link to these details? I've scoured the online search engines and couldn't find them.

Thanks in advance for everything.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: P2570 Samsung Monitor Product Details and Comparison
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: P2570 Samsung Monitor Product Details and Comparison
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Depth - P2570HD
by _jr_ / July 30, 2009 8:28 AM PDT
Collapse -
Thanks
by djplayedya / July 30, 2009 11:05 AM PDT
In reply to: Depth - P2570HD

Yes, I understood that. I guess I should have been more precise in my questions.

My main concern is how close the monitor will be to my face. My desk has an upright backing along its rear, so the deeper the monitor is, the closer it will be to my eyes. For instance, the monitor could be only 1 inch thick. But if the stand arm protrudes 5 inches out, then the total is 6 inches. I like a good distance inbetween my eyes and the monitor. But I guess the specs alone won't help me with that type of thing. I guess I'll have to head over to Best Buy to check it out myself (whenever they get it in stock).

Thanks for your help anyhow.

Collapse -
Distance to monitor
by _jr_ / July 30, 2009 11:52 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks

There are good pics of the P2570 at NewEgg.com
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001331&Tpk=p2570

My estimate is that the monitor is ~3" away from the front end of the stand when positioned absolutely straight (no tilt). Hopefully someone with that model will come through with more precise measurements.

Re: 2570 vs 2570HD
There are a lot of differences, the main one being that the latter is more like a TV - it is even called LCD TV Monitor - it's got an HDTV tuner, speakers, and a remote. The 2570 is called just LCD Monitor, so it doesn't have those extras.

The 2570 has faster response time (2 ms) and slightly higher Dynamic Contrast Ratio. I can't comment on picture quality in action though...

_jr_

Collapse -
My experience with P2570
by DavidNYC83 / August 1, 2009 2:57 AM PDT
In reply to: Distance to monitor

I recently went through a monitor hunt for a Dell XPS420 that I bought last autumn. Ultimately, I settled on the P2570, rather than the P2570HD for several reasons. First, I was not looking to use my computer primarily as a TV. Second, unlike the P2370, there is an HDMI port, although I have connected it through its DVI-I port. Third, I saw the P2370 and was impressed with the image clarity, the slimness of the monitor, and the footprint. I bought the 2570 sight unseen, and have no regrets. This is a fabulous monitor (video card: ATI Radeon HD 3870).

As for use in a narrow space, mine is set up on a desk that is 24" deep, and the monitor sits about 16.5" from the edge. I hope that helps.

It is very tough to find info on line on this monitor, since it is new. For me, though, there is no looking back. This monitor is light years ahead of my former 19" CRT.

Collapse -
Thank you
by djplayedya / August 2, 2009 12:00 PM PDT

Thank you _jr_ and DavidNYC83. That's pretty much the info I was looking for.

I'm more leaning towards the P2570HD now, because having an extra tv at my computer seems like a cool bonus, even if it costs a little extra. If and when I purchase it, I'll try to share my experience on here.

Thanks again.

Collapse -
Samsung SyncMaster P2570HD Performance Question
by dancolestock / November 8, 2009 7:31 AM PST
In reply to: Thank you

So, how has your experience with the Samsung SyncMaster P2570HD been? I purchased one recently (10/2009) and am very disappointed with what I perceive to be focusing issues; otherwise, I like it very much. I wasn't sure if the problem was cabling, my new HIS graphics card or the monitor until today when I borrowed another 25" flat panel for comparison and troubleshooting. I'm now seriously considering returning the P2570HD as defective. I also found it suspicious that there was an abrupt interruption in the supply of these displays shortly after they were introduced, which could be explained by early-unit production problems. Anyone else having problems like this? Be clear, I'm referring to the Samsung SyncMaster P2570HD which is a combination monitor/HDTV, NOT the P2570 monitor or the P2370HD.

Collapse -
Sorry I own it.
by jakethasnake919 / October 14, 2010 12:59 PM PDT

I have the same problem. I am using the Samsung SyncMaster P2570HD as a additional monitor to my brand new iMac. I am not happy with it as a monitor or really with it as a TV. The color seems to be horrible and the resolution is pathetic. The so called specs look to be better than my iMac screen but side by side it looks hideous. I have it connected to the iMac with an HDMI cable. I am selling it as soon as I can for enough money to buy a decent monitor that does not double as a TV.

Collapse -
Samsung 2570HD for Graphics? Never again Samsung!
by Roughchild / January 19, 2010 5:24 AM PST

We purchased three of these Samsung 2570HD TV/Monitors on January 14, 2010, after discussing with Samsung our business needs for a good monitor for graphics work. I have one thing to say, these are horrible LCD monitors for any kind of PC work, leave alone for graphics.

All three were connected to two different med towers runing Windows 2000/Windows XP respectively, and a Dell Presision M6400 lap top with Windows XP.

The two med towers when connected look ridiculous, looking at the screen hurt the eyes after a very short time. The Laptop was a little bit better, but not much. The text on all work windows (File/Edit/View/etc, and everywhere else, including type) was blurry about ever 2″ vertically, and also the text had some sort of, almost, double image to it. We tried ever adjustment we could to no avail. This link reflects the jagged edges found on text, if you look carefully you can also see some of the blurring; http://www.imagelair.com/samsung_2570hd.htm

We contacted Samsung tech support and was told they never saw anything like what we were experiencing. (say what?)

The colors sucked, red was more orange, true blue was more sky-blue, and black, forget it. The other colors were crap. Again, tried the adjustments but were unable to get the monitors to reflect true rich colors. We had to set the brightness level way down, it was washing everything out, while it jumped into your face from being over bright. In 4:3 mode the normal work windows explained beyond the default 4:3 size frame.

In all fairness we wondered if these monitors had issues with our NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200/5500, and Quadro FX 3700M graphics cards, BUT, they the laptop 17″- LCD screen looks excellent, and the other two med towers connected to CRTs, a 19″ ViewSonic G90fb and (13-year old) 21″ Hitachi CM812U, also looked very good, though the 13-year old Hitachi was getting darker, that?s why we decided to purchase new LCDs.

So all in all, I do not see the graphics cards as an issue, unless as I stated, the Samsung 2570HD monitors have a personal problem.

While I?m writing this my eyes are hurting, CAUSE, I?m looking at this Samsung 2570HD LCD monitor. Never again Samsung!

Collapse -
Same problem - blurry screen as a computer monitor
by decrepitude / April 17, 2010 12:42 AM PDT

I have a 2570HD connected to my Dell Studio 15 which has a very sharp screen at 1920x1080 - the 2570HD is connected through a HDMI cable and it is the worst, bar none, large monitor I have ever used. My eyes hurt using it because it's easier to read a non-blurry 15" screen than a blurry 25" screen.

I got this monitor to run at 1080p resolution and it is so blurry that it's effectively unusable in that capacity. I will probably return it if I can.

Collapse -
psp3 issues?
by gcam66 / March 9, 2010 1:25 PM PST

ps3 issues? what are you reading how could this monitor have any issues except that the cable or hook up is wrong??? its a 70000 - 1 hd etc, probably one of the top 5 monitors in the market?

Collapse -
2570p
by gcam66 / April 18, 2010 1:48 AM PDT

9" maybe with the base? the unit is only about 2" thick? you could not ask for a better monitor with the features and hd?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.