Question

Overwhelmed with choices for a netbook....

OK, never had a netbook before. I'm a PC user. I'm looking for something portable/lightweight for travelling to Japan this summer. I really only need email and internet access. Nothing else. I've goen through cnet's pick-a-laptop guide and have some ideas but would love to hear from anyone with advice. maybe I have too much info? but what the hell, I thought I'd ask here. Thanks in advance. Bill

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Overwhelmed with choices for a netbook....
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Overwhelmed with choices for a netbook....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
How I picked mine.

I found one at walmart for 228 bucks with a 250GB HDD. Sold. Done and didn't read a review.

Works fine for travel. Today I wonder if I could get by with an iPad.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
refurbished eeePC 1201HAB

I bought this thing on Woot for $235 and use it every day to check out the internet while connected to my local library wifi's 54MB connection. I download almost all Windows updates for my home computer and large email attachments our non-computer savvy friends send since my home connection is dial-up.

CNET Forums