Cameras forum

General discussion

Overexposed

by gamergirl0218 / March 1, 2007 7:43 AM PST

My dad bought me a new digital camera for my birthday. It's a Polaroid a520M and every picture I take is to bright, I tried changing the exposure to the negative numbers and it doesnt really seem to make a difference. I'm going to a concert next month and really want the pictures to come out good. I hope there is something I can do to fix this, any help and advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Camera Specifications
http://shopper.cnet.com/Polaroid_a520M_Exclusive_Breast_Cancer_Awareness_Digital_Camera_digital_camera/4014-6501_9-32100589.html

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Overexposed
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Overexposed
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
polaroid a520m
by dickdc1 / March 1, 2007 8:20 AM PST
In reply to: Overexposed

If I were you, I would RUN, not walk right back to the store where it was purchased.Aside from being able to set the iso on this camera, there is no other way to adjust pictures for brightness. For just a few dollars more, you can get TWICE the camera..Do'nt make the mistake of thinking the more pixels, the better. A 3.2 pixels is more than enough to satisfy your needs. There are too many drawbacks to this particular camera

Collapse -
Polaroid A520M
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / March 1, 2007 11:07 AM PST

If you followed the instructions on page 28 of the User Guide and set the camera to -2.0 EV and it does not help, there is nothing you can do to correct the problem.

If possible....return the camera for a refund.
If not possible....contact Polaroid to have camera fixed or replaced under warranty.

Polaroid is not the company it used to be.
Polaroid was bought out by a company that specializes in finding foreign partners for American companies.
Polaroid is now just a marketing company.
They do not manufacture the cameras they sell.

The A520m is a bare bones camera.
A Kodak C533 costs about the same and is a much better camera.

A word about concerts:
I assume you mean a rock concert.
Few small cameras do well at rock concerts.
There is usually not enough light and too much movement.
To squeeze out all that a camera can produce, be sure to turn off the flash. The flash is too weak to do any good and it will confuse the camera electronics into setting the shutter speed too fast (1/60th of a second) for the situation.

Collapse -
Take It Back
by nfsmusic / March 1, 2007 3:43 PM PST

I was given a cheap $100 digital Polaroid (one that hangs w/ a see-through flimsy, plastic window) around 1999-2000 as a gift. The pictures weren't very impressive.

Now I am looking at reviews on CNET for mostly Canon, Nikon and a few Kodak models.

Thanks to the Internet (and CNET), before I buy any product now, I have to make sure it has an acceptable review. If there was no Internet, I would probably still be buying any ole digital camera "that looked cool."

I would take it back and get a nicer digital camera that has been reviewed well.

Collapse -
thanks
by gamergirl0218 / March 2, 2007 5:49 AM PST

Yeah this isn't the camera I would have bought for myself, I like to do research and read reviews before I buy something like this. But since he bought it for me I wanted to try to see if there was anything I could do. ( I want to take lots of pictures at Grad Bash when I go in April) Thanks for the help. =)

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!