Desktops forum

General discussion

Overclocking help with a eMachines T6520

by G_BL / September 4, 2005 11:28 AM PDT

I got my T6520 two months ago and found a sloppy mess that emachines horribly did. The Athlon 64 3400+ processor was suppost to give out a full 2.4 ghz of power with a multiplier of 12x to get 200 HTT (FSB). Mine gets 199.4 FSB and was at 2.392 GHZ at 12x multiplier. I know that retail bios can't overclock but I don't want to replace the bios either so does anyone can help me how to overclock the FSH to 200, so I can use the computer as a 2.4 GHZ and not get ripped offed??? Thanks!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Overclocking help with a eMachines T6520
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Overclocking help with a eMachines T6520
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just for discussion.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 4, 2005 11:36 AM PDT

Many numbers are rounded up. Look at every machine and you'll see 199 is noted as 200 and so on. I don't see anything wrong with this.

How long have you been into PCs?

Bob

Collapse -
It is not rounded well.
by G_BL / September 4, 2005 11:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Just for discussion.

Here is the scoop, most games read an accurate rendering of the CPU. So most games i own reads my cpu as 2392 Mhz but when games as in the future made with the minimum requrement of 2400 Mhz, then I am screwed, so I wasnt to reast of the 8 mhz back into my comp for the future.

Collapse -
Make it a warranty issue but...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 4, 2005 12:07 PM PDT

History is against you. You may have not noticed this in the past or was not aware of it.

Bob

Collapse -
lol dude
by AKonny47 / September 4, 2005 11:58 AM PDT

that is normal. it will fluctuate. my gateway, before i overclocked it, would go higher than 3ghz, like very small higher. i wouldn't be worried. i don't think you can tell the difference anyway.

but, cpu fsb is a great program, what i used to oc my gateway. read all the directions and i'm not liable if you f up your pc. personally, i wouldn't do it. just leave it alone.

konny

Collapse -
overclock
by ddbpack / September 28, 2005 6:02 AM PDT
In reply to: lol dude

was that an intel or amd? ive heard that with intel u take youre chances! is that true?

Collapse -
RE:
by damasta55r / September 4, 2005 12:34 PM PDT

Hmm. 2.392~2.4. You can get both higher and lower than 2.4Ghz, it should fluctuate. Even if you manage to raise the HTT, it'll still fluctuate. The t6522 would've been a better buy than the t6520. But what's done is done.

Roger

Collapse -
I am current not OC-ing it but...
by G_BL / September 5, 2005 3:06 AM PDT
In reply to: RE:

If software in the future inproves, for instance the minimum require is 2.4 ghz, then my comp can't play it due to a small flucate, and that is annoying. If i just get that 8 mhz back then everything will be fine.

PS: I tried CPUFSB, they didn't have the mobo I am using. Mine is a crappy Socket-754 RS480M-IL by MSI.

Collapse -
if you really insist...
by AKonny47 / September 5, 2005 4:45 AM PDT

softFSB

or

Clockgen

if those don't work, you cannot overclock it as of right now.

konny

Collapse -
RE:
by damasta55r / September 5, 2005 4:51 AM PDT

The minimum requirement may be 2.4Ghz in the future, but i think when that happens the rest of your system will also not be able to keep up. One games reason why is games may be multi-threaded. You don't have a dual-core, nor hyperhtreading. Games may also require more ram than 2GB in the future. Your psu, if you have not upgraded it already suggests that your gfx will definitely be outdated and can't keep up. Socket 754 is already old. SOcket 939 is its replacement. Socket M2 is that socket's replacement. The extra 8mhz isn't going to make a difference. Clock speed probably won't be as important in the future. Also, do believe the games don't say that 2.4Ghz is required, it says or equivalent. Your amd 64 3400+ is around the same as a 3.2-3.4 Ghz Pentium 4. I don't think the software actually contains a block on CPUs less than the clockspeed read by the computer. If there is, i'm sure someone will be able to come up with a hack to bypass it easily.

Roger

Collapse -
overclock
by ddbpack / September 28, 2005 6:04 AM PDT

if its that close to begin with than ull just have to geta new pc! 8 mghz is to small a difference!

Collapse -
Yeah, don't sweat it dude
by ihop4no1 / September 13, 2005 2:34 AM PDT

My processor is an Athlon 64 3200+ (the equivalent of a Pentium 3.2 Ghz, roughly). It only registers at 1.99 Ghz - Supposed to be 2.00. The Terminator 2 DVD has a systems requirement of 3.0 Ghz processor or faster and it plays with no trouble on my T6212.

Most manufacturers round up and like others have said, it will fluctuate.

Good luck!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?