Computer Help forum

General discussion

Outlook Problems

by Capt Runnamok / November 15, 2004 1:12 AM PST

Please help!
I?m using Outlook that came with Office 97 Standard Edition and I have a couple of questions.
1. When putting together an email announcement I added a graphic and had a form at the bottom to print and snail mail. The graphic didn?t go through to the recipients and the form didn?t look quite right either. Why would these things change or be removed? I get all kinds of warnings about the most trivial stuff but no warning about any of this before it is sent out.
2. Sometimes, maybe 50% of the time, when I attach a jpg to an email the recipient gets pages of code and no attached picture. I can send it to myself and it comes through just fine, so I think the person I sent it to got it but they didn?t. I?ve also found that when I send two jpgs as attachments usually only one will stay intact. How can I send pictures and get them to their destination intact?

Thank you for your help.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Outlook Problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Outlook Problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Outlook Problems
by Edward ODaniel / November 15, 2004 3:00 AM PST
In reply to: Outlook Problems

Much of the time the "problem" is actually on the other end as a result of the recipient's mail client or mail client settings--things like "text only" for viewing messages, font selections that override those you used, text wrapping settings, and a host of others.

If you absolutely must ensure the recipient sees exactly what you sent you need to send the info in a mutually supported format even if that means as an attached file.

Collapse -
by Capt Runnamok / November 18, 2004 12:26 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Outlook Problems

Edward,
Thank you for your response. If the problem is at the other end, how come out of two attached pictures being sent to the same person, only one will arrive intact?
What more can I do than send the picture as an attached .jpg?

Thank you,
Capt Runnamok

Collapse -
by Kees Bakker / November 15, 2004 3:01 AM PST
In reply to: Outlook Problems

Capt Runnamock,

Please read to the very good first post (and the remaining 46), answering the Forum newsletter question of last week and start wondering where the problem is.
http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=7&threadID=44901&messageID=530574

And, not to forget, Office 97 is NOT supposed to work correctly with Windows XP. You need at least Office 2000, preferably Office XP for that. But you don't tell your OS, so I don't know if that's applicable.

Kees

Collapse -
by Capt Runnamok / November 18, 2004 12:39 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Outlook Problems

Kees,
Thank you for your response. I followed your suggestion on reading up on last weeks question but quit before I was done. I don't have red x's and I don't use Outlook Express. I do use Outlook 97 with XP Home OS and it seems to work fine except for the problems I have mentioned. If "not suppose to work" is the case, wouldn't it not work all the time?
The adding an image to an email problem was noticed when I was using 98SE and I believe the attachment problem was when I was using 98SE too but I can't be for sure on that one.

Thank you,
Capt Runnamok

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!