Question

Outlook in Office 365

Hi. I have a laptop running W10 and Outlook as part of Office 365. I have 2 Hotmail email addresses. Every email I receive, regardless of which account, is downloaded to both inboxes thus duplicating everything. Can anyone help me with an answer as to how to stop this happening? Many thanks.

Discussion is locked
Answer
Follow
Reply to: Outlook in Office 365
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Outlook in Office 365
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: Outlook

Can you explain "both inboxes". I see one e-mail program in your mail (Outlook) and so I see only one inbox. Where's the second one?

For me, it makes sense to link both of your hotmail accounts to that inbox. Otherwise, you would have to look to 2 different e-mail programs to see all. But it seems you don't like that.

- Collapse -
Outlook

Thanks for the response. I have 2 email addresses, both Hotmail. If I receive an email designated for number 1 email the reply also appears in the second email inbox. I hope this helps. Maybe you could also advise me as to how I link them? Many thanks.

- Collapse -
Still unclear.

First you talked about received mail, now you talk about replies you send. Those shouldn't come in the inbox at all.

I had a look at my own Outlook 2010, and now I think that you linked Outlook to both hotmail accounts (via pop3 or imap?) and both have an inbox listed in the left pane below the email address. Is that right? What happens if you delete it from one?

Maybe the first hotmail account is set to automatically forward everything received to the second? Have a look in the settings, and most of all look in both hotmail.com accounts via your browser (with Outlook not running). If you see received mails in both inboxes in your browser, it has nothing to do with your Outlook.

CNET Forums

Forum Info