General discussion

Outlook Express Message

Using O.E.6 for email. My nephew (thinking he was helping me) put on a message that is received by anyone who emails me. I want to delete the message. I have tried everything to delete the message with no success. I've used plain, old Outlook where I once worked and know you can delete the out-of-office assistant messages, but O.E. doesn't seem to have that feature. (I did check options.)
HELP! P.S. I am somewhat computer-challenged.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Outlook Express Message
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Outlook Express Message
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
RE: Outlook Express Message

If you are refering to a "Read receipt" message, while in OE left click on Tools> Options> Receipts and select "Never send a read receipt" then left click on Apply and OK.

- Collapse -
Out of office reply

I'm talking about a message that someone receives whenever they send me a message. It is similar to the Out-of-Office reply that you can set up in Outlook. "I am away from my computer right now. I'll respond to you when I return to my desk."
Only problem is mine is a STUPID reply like -"I will respond to you if I know who sent me the email."
What was I thinking?

- Collapse -
start from scratch

ok- archive your emails- then go ahead and remove that account and re-add it

i use outlook 2003- so i dont know how this would worked for outlook express- but im sure its the same

this should clear any settings the were on that account

- Collapse -
Perhaps it was setup as a rule...

In OE Tools> Message Rules> Mail> Mail Rules tab> highlight the rule and click Remove. Or highlight the rule and click Modify to change.

CNET Forums

Forum Info